Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
    Yea it's 3x3 angle welded to the pipe
    Did you fillet weld on the horizontal between the angle/pipe?

Sorry, I'm contemplating a similar situation and looking for options.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
      Did you fillet weld on the horizontal between the angle/pipe?

Sorry, I'm contemplating a similar situation and looking for options.
      Yes but the angle is cut to sit flush to the top of the pipe so the blind could be supported by the pipe if I slid it all the way to the front edge.
      After I welded it all up I stacked right at 800 pounds of weight on top and it didn't budge , wiggle or bow. I was worried that I needed another cross buck to support it but I didn't want to have to go buy anything so I put the cross buck dead center and it worked well.
      All the pipe joints on the upper frame was full pen welds , the side pieces were all saddled on and fillet welded

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
        Yes but the angle is cut to sit flush to the top of the pipe so the blind could be supported by the pipe if I slid it all the way to the front edge.
        After I welded it all up I stacked right at 800 pounds of weight on top and it didn't budge , wiggle or bow. I was worried that I needed another cross buck to support it but I didn't want to have to go buy anything so I put the cross buck dead center and it worked well.
        All the pipe joints on the upper frame was full pen welds , the side pieces were all saddled on and fillet welded
        Thanks - makes sense. I could tell by that pipe cross piece you put some thought into this build.

Looks plenty stout but not overbuilt - I like it.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Looks great. I need one of those.
              Will the round blind help it it not blow over?
              I assume you will anchor it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                Looks great. I need one of those.
                Will the round blind help it it not blow over?
                I assume you will anchor it?
                The blind will be bolted to the tower and I've got some 7/16 cable and some turnbuckles to lash it down with, I'm gonna cut some t-post down and drive them in the ground to anchor too.

Comment

Working...
                X