X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive work!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Can post pics of your anchor trolley? That's my next mod.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job, I can't be so lucky to find something like that even the scavenger that I am. Getting into the kayak scene since my son bought one. I have a feeling it's going to be an expensive hobby, but you can't take the money to the grave from what I hear. Enjoy, I have had fun with the rentals I have done trying to decide on which one I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Dang good job looks new! Love stories like this. Necessity is the mother of all invention!
          Yep, I do to. Love the trash that some throw away.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You used plastic off a 5 gallon bucket? Interesting, I'll have to look around, but if you don't mind, post the links to some of the youtube vids that helped with the patch job.

I've got a kayak or two that could use patching.

You did a good job, looks excellent. Bet your new kayak works out for years.

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  Ok, now that I've thought about it..... Did it HAVE to be a tan bucket?? Does that color bond better than a white bucket? Just curious!
                  No it did not, i just had a tan bucket sitting around so i used it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                    Can post pics of your anchor trolley? That's my next mod.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                    Yea i will try and post some pics or video of it in action... but if you youtube you will find a bunch of DIY mods for kayaks including the anchor system.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
                      You used plastic off a 5 gallon bucket? Interesting, I'll have to look around, but if you don't mind, post the links to some of the youtube vids that helped with the patch job.

I've got a kayak or two that could use patching.

You did a good job, looks excellent. Bet your new kayak works out for years.
                      Check out this Kayak Repair technique! We wore some holes in Our Hobie Outback & saw that you could melt a plastic bucket to fix it. IT WORKS!!! Heat gun & P...

this guy is a goober, i slowed down heating process just so i didnt ruin the yak and was a but smoother looking, its not gonna look pretty but it gets job done

Comment

That's a great find and project.

Just my advice, that seat will be good and upright for sight fishing and all but you aren't going to like paddling with it. You'll wear yourself out much quicker sitting that high, just my two cents though.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                          That's a great find and project.

Just my advice, that seat will be good and upright for sight fishing and all but you aren't going to like paddling with it. You'll wear yourself out much quicker sitting that high, just my two cents though.
                          thanks will keep that in mind, hope not to paddle much and heck Lord knows i could use the exercise

Comment

That looks great, good work there!

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Id coat the repair w flex seal. You know the goofy commercial. It's 10 bucks a can but it works and would give me a good piece of mind to back my repair job. I had an aluminum boat welded one time and coated the weld job w flex seal. No more leaks. Wal mart carries it

Comment

Working...
                                X