X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting a " modern" look or neutral "classic " look

Could always do flag stone

Comment

Go ahead and texture and paint ceiling now. May have to touch up some but way less risk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Wanting a " modern" look or neutral "classic " look

Could always do flag stone
        Kind of a cross between farmhouse country and classic.....

Comment

I would assume it is more recommended to use a "sealed" tile like a ceramic or porcelain correct? Don't really want to have to seal up any tile and have to maintain it over time.

Comment

Tumbled marble is my favorite. You wipe on a sealer/ enhancer when done. Last 5+ years.

Comment

Tumbled marble
              Attached Files

Comment

Is that the same type of sealer like you would use on a slate tile floor? We put down slate in our last house and sealed it with a liquid that was wiped on after grouting. Any type of grout better than others? We have always got the pre-mixed, ready to use stuff.

Comment

Ceramic layed vertical. You can do same with subway tile and put accents vertical as well. Looks good
                  Attached Files

Comment

Same sealer/enhancer.

Depends on grout size. But custom or mapel are both good products

Comment

Skip the red guard and use Kerdi cloth

Comment

So finally some more updates. Got the pan poured and set. Ordered our tile and while I'm waiting on that, I started to put up the shiplap. Actually, I got all of the ship lap done yesterday, but didn't get a pic of it all done. Once the tile gets here, hopefully late this week, I'll get started on that.....

Pan...

Waterproofed with Aquasheild (like redgard)....

Shiplap as I got started on it....

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.... done yet?

Comment

updates ?

Comment

Sorry guys, haven't been able to get as much done on it lately with work and fishing but I'll be back on it this week. We got in the tile we ordered but have now decided to use it on the floor instead of the shower. Half of the room the walls are all done with the shiplap. In the other section of the room I have removed one of the fur downs that was originally there and put in new drywall there. I still have the other fur down to remove and drywall which should happen today and then will shiplap that part of the room. Once that is done, I will probably go ahead and tile the floor while we figure out what tile we will actually use in the shower. I'll try and get more pics up this afternoon....

Comment

Working...
                                X