No announcement yet.

Siding for small cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart siding, little cheaper than hardie but strudier and easier to work with.

Comment

Cedar fence boards lapped look really good cheep also. I use them for everything. they are also weatherproof or just seal them with thompsons sealer in a pump sprayer.

Comment

Definitely DO NOT use Hardy without sheathing if it is going to be a shower room. Unless you plan to paint both sides of it and even then I don't think it is structural enough to not have sheathing behind it. I would recommend using T111 if you don't want to sheath it as the 3/4 T111 will work just fine. Hardy plank is a great product and Ive installed truck loads of it but it has a couple big enemies and that is moisture and UV rays. IF you don't like painting I would go with wood and spray it with Thompsons once a year out of a bug sprayer. Way faster and more enjoyable than painting.

Comment

Smartsiding, and no it does not need plywood. put it on a ranch cabin I am building, and already primed, we just put tar paper over the framing, but not needed

Comment

I am looking at putting up new siding, and from what I have read, hardiplank (cement fiber) can retain water so it may not be the best choice for a bath house.

Comment

Working...
            X