Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Processing room and DIY walkin cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing room and DIY walkin cooler

I have been using the family processing facilities for a long time and have decided to make my own at home. Using an existing slab. Going to use a 15000 btu window unit to cool my cooler. Buddie says he can get it below freezing . Have a friend that is going to foam the cooler. I will keep you posted. Just started framing.
    Attached Files

Very nice!! This will be good a good one to follow!!

Comment

Excellent. I will be following. I have been wanting to build one myself, but only 6x6 or 6x8 or so. The coolbot will make the a/c get down there but I have been looking at a way to do the same thing without spending that extra $300 on one.

Comment

Tagging this one! My inlaws have a butcher room and cooler. Wife says when we get a place with land, that we can have one too

Comment

When my friend shows me how to change the thermostat I will post instructions.

Comment

great idea following this as well!

Comment

Will be watching. Good luck!

Comment

following this one.

Comment

in.

If you need any reference look up the Stolle Deer Camp thread, it is pretty detailed on how to modify the AC

Comment

Cool thread

Comment

ttt

Comment

Here is my thread from a couple years ago. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=324427

Has 3 deer hanging in it now!

Comment

That looks great! The info on the window unit conversion will come in handy. I bought a really nice Hobart meat saw only to find out it has a 3 phase motor and I do not have 3 phase service. A converter is going to run me $550. (Ouch) any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Framing going slow with the bad weather, but I have it square and the joist up. Rafters this weekend.

Comment

Tagged. Love these builds. They are the ultimate DIY processing thread... "from the ground up!"

Comment

Working...
                              X