No announcement yet.

Cantilever Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been following along and seems your doing a great job. Your welds on the galvanized pipe look purdy neet. I just love projects.

Comment

Rule number one of gate buildin....need a hole in the fence!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Rule number one of gate buildin....need a hole in the fence!

Ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I originally went to purchase the material for this gate the guy at the counter was very hesitant to help me with questions I had. He was trying to get me to hire his buddy who was hanging around. So I asked his buddy how much something like this would run me and after looking at it said $3200. I showed him the door and thanked him for wasting my time. Ever since then the guy at the counter (at the only fence supply store in corpus) has given me attitude every time I've been back there. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with that *** anymore.

Comment

So in total, after buying a welder, grinding and cutting discs, chainsaw chain and everything needed for the gate I'm all in right at about $825. It did take quite a while but there's something to be said about testing your skills out. I have to say I thought I bit off more than I could chew in the beginning but taking it one step at a time helped me get through it.

Comment

Cantilever Gate

All I had to do to remove this post was wiggle it then attach a 2x4 to pull up with. Awesome.

Foreman hovering!

I had to replace some pickets because not all made the transition smoothly.

Using chainsaw to add some clearance!!! Lol

And finally!!!!!!!!!! I thought this day would never come. The wife is going to be super happy when she gets home.
              Last edited by mudmauler; 11-30-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Cantilever Gate

I have to say I didn't think I would be working the past two days in 85+ degree weather at the end of November. This morning was nice and cool. I'll be looking into an automatic gate opener. Also will need to figure out a locking mechanism. Then all that will need to be done will be to stain the rest of the outside and the inside of fence and gate. But I'll work on that slowly in between duck hunts and basketball games.
                Last edited by mudmauler; 11-30-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

strong work

Comment

Well done sir

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Dang that is nice!

Comment

Nicely done!!!!!!!

Comment

That is the exact same reason I built a backyard gate for my fence. So I can get my boat and trailers back there. And free up driveway space.

Good job on the gate.

Comment

Are you planning on putting a motor on it? Or just open it by hand when needed?

Comment

Working...
                                X