A pair of knives I'm finishing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    Looks good Anthony. I tried doing a gut hook a while back. Didn't turn out too good, I'll have to rethink how to get it right. lol
    I tried one, too. I never could get it sharp. I finally too it to "The Sharpest" here in Austin to sharpen it.

Comment

Nicely done there. After a couple gut hooks and nearly hooking my own gut, I decided I would pass on future hooks. I now know it was named for the knifemaker's warning and not the intended use of gutting game animals -haa.

Comment

Im not in a hurry to make another lol. But what made it pretty easy is a 1/4" small wheel for my small wheel attachment . The gut hook os actually very sharp now can the customer re sharpen it I dont know. I have taken probably about 70 deer and 20-30 hogs over the last 30 years and I used a gut hook 1 time and didnt like it I dont really see the need.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
          Im not in a hurry to make another lol. But what made it pretty easy is a 1/4" small wheel for my small wheel attachment . The gut hook os actually very sharp now can the customer re sharpen it I dont know. I have taken probably about 70 deer and 20-30 hogs over the last 30 years and I used a gut hook 1 time and didnt like it I dont really see the need.
          I'm the same way. Bought one knife years ago with a hook. Tried using it and didn't like it at all. I didn't even like using the knife on a regular basis cause the hook made the blade a lot taller than I like using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X