Kid's Football Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachk View Post
    WOW!! that's better than our practice field!!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

That's better than our game field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, very impressive!!

Comment

I'm wondering how you were able to do this in one weekend, for (I'm guessing) several thousand dollars, but it took my local school months and several million dollars?

I definitely like yours better.
        My taxes didn't go up to pay for yours.

Comment

This reeks of awesomeness!!! Too cool

Comment

I'm assuming from the shadows you were smarter than Jerry Jones on field direction. [emoji1]

You just built your own field of dreams! [emoji106]

Comment

That is slick. How did you find the turf? I know where to find it new, but how did you stumble upon real nfl field turf?

Comment

Definitely the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Pretty awesome

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                  I'm wondering how you were able to do this in one weekend, for (I'm guessing) several thousand dollars, but it took my local school months and several million dollars?

I definitely like yours better.
                  My taxes didn't go up to pay for yours.
                  Just got back from Telluride tonight and kids will be back Saturday. It took me several months to just do the tree removal, grading and base! I would haul in several loads at a time and work on it as I could. I certainly wish I could have tapped into the local taxpayers for some assistance in paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                    I'm assuming from the shadows you were smarter than Jerry Jones on field direction. [emoji1]

You just built your own field of dreams! [emoji106]
                    The layout was the only option I had. Believe me, if you build it, they will come. There has been plenty of action of the field and my kids haven't even seen it!

Comment

Kids have been loving the field. Plenty of soccer and football already played. Very few pictures as I have been working adjacent to them on getting to work on the pavilion/BBQ area. None of the work was OSHA approved. Oooof. I set the gable beams when I had the skid steer here and that was harrowing. My mason and his crew muscled the purlin up! Thanks to Ironman and Draco etc. for easing my concerns about purlins "rolling". Going to hire out roofing to guys that put standing seam on the house. Coming together and hope to wrap up by 2018. :-)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by RR 314; 07-27-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Picked up purlin from Mueller in Spicewood--about 15 miles away or so. Had to utilize my left-over pallets in order to load the 30' purlin on my puny 18' trailer. Hung just a tad over 4' from the back end. Received a stare from a Trooper and then a thumbs up as he passed by! Living clean!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Whelp, it looked like greatness ... Then I saw the Longhorn

I'd burn it and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Whelp, it looked like greatness ... Then I saw the Longhorn

I'd burn it and start over.
                            Not necessarily a UT longhorn. :-) The pit was a warming pit at a BBQ place in Burnet. I originally cut it off, but alas, my wife wanted it back on. Pit has subsequently been fully insulated with ceramic refractory blanket and 3/16". Firebox is fully lined with insulation and 1/4" plate as well. Should hold heat great once brought to temp! Pit is over two tons and fire-box is about 2500 pounds. Obviously reverse flow. Hogfest once everything is done!

Longhorn will be painted white if that eases your pain!

Below is what it looked like when I bought it. . .
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RR 314; 07-27-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

That's one crazy setup. Let's see how the pit area turned out.

Comment

Hey bud are you hiring? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X