Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob

I was born nearly 60 years ago and from the time I was around 5 years old I began building things. My father was a great influence on me and I grew up around him using all sorts of tools. My love of diy fabricating hasn't ceased in all that time and I have amassed a good amount of equipment/tooling. I have upgraded a few things since building the barndo. I am not a rich guy by any means but I don't mind spending money on tools if I can do things a bit faster and easier.

I saw this on my lunch break today and spent more time on here that I should have. I have to get back to work on the range vent hood and possibly start to build some cabinet doors. I purchased a Grizzly G1026 shaper for this as it has the weight and power to run large cutters. I also run a G4176 power feeder on this to get better quality cuts.

Thanks again, this is almost a live build because I am quarantined here.

Comment

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Bob

I was born nearly 60 years ago and from the time I was around 5 years old I began building things. My father was a great influence on me and I grew up around him using all sorts of tools. My love of diy fabricating hasn't ceased in all that time and I have amassed a good amount of equipment/tooling. I have upgraded a few things since building the barndo. I am not a rich guy by any means but I don't mind spending money on tools if I can do things a bit faster and easier.

I saw this on my lunch break today and spent more time on here that I should have. I have to get back to work on the range vent hood and possibly start to build some cabinet doors. I purchased a Grizzly G1026 shaper for this as it has the weight and power to run large cutters. I also run a G4176 power feeder on this to get better quality cuts.

Thanks again, this is almost a live build because I am quarantined here.

I hear you on the faster and easier. I do the same. I hope you did not take my comment as snide, as that was not how I want it to come off as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bobc; 04-02-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Wow that is beautiful. Awesome job.

Jealous of the power feeder!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc
          I hear you on the faster and easier. I do the same. I hope you did not take my comment as snide, as that was not how I want it to come off as.
          No sir Bob, I did not take it in a bad way.

Got more cabinets made/painted and installed. Built and painted lots of shelves too. Wife had a idea of a simple range hood (thank God) so we started on it. The pic I the shell. The vent hood insert is fairly big and she decided that she did not want nt storage it so I had tp come up with a way of easily getting inside of it but yet have the front of it closed in.

Next on tap is getting the doors built. Chips are going to be flying on these.

Comment

Here's the range hood painted.

I got the wife to do some sanding!

Boring the holes for the hinges.

Last edited by sendit; 04-08-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

tagged

Comment

I am blown away with this whole thread. The ability to do what you have done is nothing short of amazing, honestly. My Dad could do this stuff, he I guess is like you and could build anything. Hell I couldn't even build a decent boat out of scrap lumber to sail in the gutters after a rain.

I'm a bit older than you but at 60 I couldn't have managed the rock and the high work.

This was such a good read and I will hate to see it end when you are finished with your home.

Comment

Haven’t updated in awhile. I am now about done with the kitchen. It was a huge amount of work but I finally got it done. Most importantly is that the mrs is very pleased the way it came out. She helped a lot and now understands the steps in building a kitchen from the ground up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4843.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24617176

Name:	IMG_4844.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24617177

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24617178

Comment

Dang, this is the nicest bardo ive ever seen. Great work!

Comment

Nothing short of amazing. It turned out great. I really like the big island

Comment

Wow phenominal

Comment

Looks like a magazine photo. Well done!

Comment

Here are some more pics of the kitchen.

Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	24617749

The wife and myself started on tiling the bathes. Never have done before but I can say after doing the first one I will pass on being a tile setter.

Name:	IMG_4799.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	24617750

Comment

Something went wrong let’s see......

Size:	62.2 KB