No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the start of the kitchen island. Getting the frame work done so I can get the rock on the front and side faces. Used 2x6’s and 1/2” cdc plywood.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24608303

Name:	IMG_4024.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	24608302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4016.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	24608301

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you use to draw up plans? Pencil and paper, or a CAD program?

Comment

Jealous

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          What do you use to draw up plans? Pencil and paper, or a CAD program?

Good question Bob.

I'll start by saying my father taught me alot of things but one thing I never took to is drawing up a plan. He was a stickler for making up plans and drawing for most any project he did. If there is one thing I havent done is that.

To this day I don't use any formal plans. I will normally have an idea maybe draw a pic on a scrap board or piece of paper and go with that. Deep down I know I could probably do things better/faster with a cad drawing or plan but just don't have the desire.

With that said though my wife and I drew up a basic plan for the house on a poster board and made scale items that we could move around on it. Once we decided what we wanted we then took it to a guy that drew house plans and over about three sessions we finalized it and he came up with a blue print with dimensions on it and took it from there. Since I am the one doing the work, we have made quite a few changes on the fly. As I explained to the wife the changes are ok but do have a effect on other things so I did have to deal with a few surprises. One of the bigger changes was the bonus room upstairs and stairwell. Those were thrown in after I started building. AS far as the cabinets are concerned those are made on the fly.

I am old school I guess you can say. Not the brightest bulb in the drawer type.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
            Got the buffet counter done. Here it is ready for the cement. [ATTACH]991142[/ATTACH]

Boy can I make a mess

After the pour, took the forms off this morning. Now to decide what color and sealer I am going to use.
            [ATTACH]991143[/ATTACH]

How do you get your forms off? Cut them on the underside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stolle

I used a plastic bullnose form Concrete Countertop Solutions. They are made of plastic and come in 8ft lengths. You screw them down and pour the mix. After it’s cured for 24 hours you simply break the front form off with your hands.

The picture shows a cross section of the form. The arrow is pointing at the relief cut made into the plastic and this is where the form breaks leaving you with a nice edge. It’s actually smooth as glass. It’s expensive for what it is but very user friendly. The forms come in several profiles too.

Hope thus helps.

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24608749

Comment

You are handier than a shirt pocket. Incredible work.

Comment

Man... if this were a youtube video series, you could have paid for the entire build with clicks.

Fantastic workmanship

Comment

Just went back to the very first and read the whole thing, simply amazing... I know it has been said before but goodness, you are crazy talented!!!!

Comment

Tuning in a little late but have followed since the start. Fire place is epic, hard work pays off!

Comment

Moving along with building the island cabinets. Started the one that will house the sink and the microwave.

Name:	IMG_4075.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	24609062

The wife is here helping so we decided to install the ceiling in the dining room and possibly start on rocking the island. The Mrs is very happy with the result as she picked it out.

Name:	IMG_4138.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	24609064

Here’s is how the office turned out. This was also my wife’s idea. I picked up the 72” ceiling fan here in the classifieds.

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	24609065

Comment

Office looks awesome!

Comment

Awesome work guys!

Comment

More WINNING! Love that fan! [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Decided to go ahead and put the rock up around the kitchen island. Man this was a project that I wanted to get done because I knew it was going to be a back breaker. One step closer to being able to pour the counter top. It’s going to be a bit over 13ft x5ft when finished. Still have another drawer cabinet to build into the island frame work.

Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	24609249

Name:	IMG_4168.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	24609251Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4158.jpg