Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Errection, my barndo build

Been working on building the kitchen cabinets and getting them installed. The wife and myself had first decided to go with granite but we recently in the theme of DIY chose to go with concrete counters. I am just about ready to pour some. Also did some work finishing the loft area. I have some ideas with some live edge wood for shelves in the living area and still undecided on the handrail first the loft opening. I could use something like a wood top and either wood or metal spindles for a conventional look or do what my wife wants and make some kind of metal art with a wood banister. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24605723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3932.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	24605722Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24605721

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24605724
    Last edited by sendit; 01-28-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

All I can say is wow!

Comment

You do fantastic work sir and really enjoyed following along!

Comment

Subscribed

Awesome work!

Comment

Today is the day for me to learn how to make concrete countertops!
            Oh joy

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
              Today is the day for me to learn how to make concrete countertops!
              Oh joy
              good luck!!!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Great work, really something to e proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
                    Great work, really something to e proud of.

Thank you sir! I did not get them all done as I found that I really couldn’t mix the cement fast enough and pour by myself. A couple more of these and I’ll be a pro lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3998.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24607745Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3993.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	24607744

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most rewarding when you know how much work went into it when you finish

Comment

Got the buffet counter done. Here it is ready for the cement. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4017.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24608171

Boy can I make a mess

After the pour, took the forms off this morning. Now to decide what color and sealer I am going to use.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24608172

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Awesome work!

Off subject but what brand is your fridge/stove?

Comment

So looks like you have 3 or 4 pours done now. From the distant pictures they all look very good. What are your thoughts on concrete counter tops and DYI? Are you happy with the final product? Were they ultimately fairly easy to do?

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                                So looks like you have 3 or 4 pours done now. From the distant pictures they all look very good. What are your thoughts on concrete counter tops and DYI? Are you happy with the final product? Were they ultimately fairly easy to do?

Thanks for sharing
                                All in all I am satisfied with them so far. They do have some small holes, divots in the front edge, nothing I am going to worry about. The wie might say otherwise but they can be fixed with a little slurry. I did not have any experience with concrete finishing but I did learn very quickly. The first top I did is the coffee center/niche and the surface has isn't completely flat but I have learned to float alot better and the others are pretty darn flat.

Will have to decide with the wife on what type of finish we want. Those are going to be a darker grey either with stain or an epoxy coat. I like satin and the Mrs. likes gloss so we have to work that out too.

I did these alone and it's a bit of work mixing and pouring by myself but if I can do so could anyone else with a strong back can.

Originally posted by BowTech2010
                                Awesome work!

Off subject but what brand is your fridge/stove?
                                Yesterday 08:20 PM

We went Wolf and Subzero on the kitchen appliances.

I am working on building the island now. It will be about 5' wide and 13' long with a radius overhang on the front. It will have seating in the front. This will be a huge pour for me when done. I am still trying to wrap my head around doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X