No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow!! such an awesome build.. what a trip going thru and seeing your amazing talent

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
      If you are gonna do a bunch of moulding through your shaper or even edge ripping on your tablesaw a powerfeed head will keep your materials consistant and its a major labor saver.

Mike Atkinson and his Dad were machinery suppliers (32mm and other European eq.) back in the 80's. Monarch Machinery (I think) is their business name.
      I saw Mike about a year or two ago, he was warehousing out @ the airport.

Awesome work!!!!!!
      I am only planning on running rails, stiles and raised panels through the shaper at this time. I have given thought on a power feeder but just havent pulled the trigger on one yet. I know they will increase the ease and quality of the work.

Comment

Turned out really nice!! Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoe747 View Post
          Turned out really nice!! Great work!
          Thanks, I wish I could say I am done but it's going to be awhile yet. I got the last door stained and clear coated the other day. Have more finish electrical to do, make and install beams for our master BR and get started making cabinets.

Comment

Got some trim done on #2 bedroom, I went with a classic craftsman style.

My daughter and I made some more beams for out master and installed them. Used 2x8's and 2x12's along with alot of labor. They turned out very nice.

Got three toilets set and in working order. My wife and daughters are now happier with me.

I was able to get started on some cabinetry in the kitchen. Mainly the oven and refrigerator cabinets. They are fairly large and to be exact in dimensions. I'll have to try to get some pics.

Comment

Beautiful work my friend! You have some serious talent!

Comment

Oh wow....love those beams

Comment

Your attention to detail is unreal. Excellent work and craftsmanship, your level of patience is amazing.

Comment

I would love one of these on a deer lease.

Comment

It would be a deer lease mansion.

Comment

Been making some cabinets lately. This afternoon I had something happen that could have been wayyyy worse that it actually was.
                        I was running some raised door panels in the shaper and a box end wrench that I use for the fence adjustment fell in a hole above the 4 1/2" cutter doing 10,000rpm.All the sudden bam and saw sparks fly then heard something metal hit the floor and felt stinging pains in me. Turns out the wrench was spit out but several pieces of carbide broke of the cutter sending shrapnel outward. I should have been using the power feed but was not. I bled a little and am out a $100 shaper cutter. Oh well, I'll continue on for now. LIke I said it could have been alot worse.

Oh, here is a rustic door for a bath vanity made of home grown and milled oak. It's just mocked up, nothing clamped and glued.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                          Been making some cabinets lately. This afternoon I had something happen that could have been wayyyy worse that it actually was.
                          I was running some raised door panels in the shaper and a box end wrench that I use for the fence adjustment fell in a hole above the 4 1/2" cutter doing 10,000rpm.All the sudden bam and saw sparks fly then heard something metal hit the floor and felt stinging pains in me. Turns out the wrench was spit out but several pieces of carbide broke of the cutter sending shrapnel outward. I should have been using the power feed but was not. I bled a little and am out a $100 shaper cutter. Oh well, I'll continue on for now. LIke I said it could have been alot worse.

Oh, here is a rustic door for a bath vanity made of home grown and milled oak. It's just mocked up, nothing clamped and glued.

Glad you are okay sir!

Keep up the great work

Comment

Looking great Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are so talented! This is an amazing house!

Comment

Man that’s looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X