• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's time to make a drawing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Id say that's a near perfect government job impersonation. Maybe give one guy a shovel to hold with no hole in sight.

Side note...looks like one of those projects that's not really 'work' cause its good weather to be outside building stuff with fire

Comment

The bridge looks awesome, but I question your offroad skills in whatever you are driving. You just have to hit it going a little faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Looking good!! What is the gap between your pipes?
            6 inches on center

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Id say that's a near perfect government job impersonation. Maybe give one guy a shovel to hold with no hole in sight.

Side note...looks like one of those projects that's not really 'work' cause its good weather to be outside building stuff with fire
            It is hard to complain.

Originally posted by Rookie28 View Post
            Looks good!
            Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            The bridge looks awesome, but I question your offroad skills in whatever you are driving. You just have to hit it going a little faster.
            Ha. Them there is fighting words. Ain't nothing more horsepower can't fix.

Originally posted by sotol View Post
            Now it's time to make a drawing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
            Time for a confession. We ended up making a drawing and not just winging it. Here's a covert picture of the detailed plans
            Attached Files

Comment

One humble recommendation if I may. Make your approach ramps every bit as sturdy and just as long as the bridge on each side. My uncle put in a bridge almost identical to this one, and the first big gully washer eroded the bank at both ends of the bridge. Debris got caught in the vertical support posts and forced the water around the sides. Happened several times since and the bank is eroded all the way to the edge of the bridge on each side. Your creek looks like it's dry most of the time and not as deep, so a gully washer may not be as harsh on the bank

And that right there is why I go commando

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;11232704]Id say that's a near perfect government job impersonation. Maybe give one guy a shovel to hold with no hole in sight.

Side note...looks like one of those projects that's not really 'work' cause its good weather to be outside building stuff with fire[/QUOTE

The reason you never see a hole in sight is because the govt issue shovels are not meant for actual digging. They are for leaning on...duh

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  One humble recommendation if I may. Make your approach ramps every bit as sturdy and just as long as the bridge on each side. My uncle put in a bridge almost identical to this one, and the first big gully washer eroded the bank at both ends of the bridge. Debris got caught in the vertical support posts and forced the water around the sides. Happened several times since and the bank is eroded all the way to the edge of the bridge on each side. Your creek looks like it's dry most of the time and not as deep, so a gully washer may not be as harsh on the bank

And that right there is why I go commando
                  Thanks. We have a bunch of dirt work to do for sure.

Comment

Finished the longest one and we have to knock off for a few days to do some real work. Hopefully well get a little rain this weekend so the diet work goes easier when building the approaches. Then one last one and we're ready to Cadillac it up around here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone following along. We drew straws and let the new guy drive over the first one. Now he wants "test pilot" money. We've tripled his salary and doubled up on the load of BS heading his way. He is a Dodge guy so he foolishly thinks these are good improvements. Either way he is alive and the bridge is christened. More dirt work to follow.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice..

Comment

Bridge 2 is open for business after a little more test pilot action.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done Sir!

Comment

Awesome build! Thanks for taking us long!

Comment

DIY Bridge building

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X