Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time To Make This Porch Bigger, And Add Some FIRE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
    Table looks great. Good project all around

That table bowed up like a pringle tater chip when it got rained on. It's back felt now....I think I'd best poly the bottom of it too.

Thank you all for the kind words, I'll update when I get the hearth situation figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Things kind of ground to a halt between moving my I laws to Texas, Tee ball, and waiting on countertops and the equipment to get them here. Nonetheless dad came up today and we got the countertops on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Did you put the lentil and extra cinder block because it is necessary or just an extra precaution? I had a talk with my new mason last week about adding some support for my grill and power burner and he said he never does that and that he always just has them supported by the granite. Do you know anyone that does it that way? BTW, all walls are brick. No wood.

Comment

It's Time To Make This Porch Bigger, And Add Some FIRE!

I added the steel because of how they had to cut my countertops. There are two big pieces and three small ones, and the seams didn't all fall the way I was hoping. That sandstone is very grainy, as you can see. So we decided not to chance having big pieces with "panhandles" attached. The piece behind the grill is one piece, the piece behind the power burner is separate, and the piece between them is sepperate....if that makes sense. The under walls didn't all line up with the seams.

We know what to expect from the 3CM indoor material, but this is all 2 1/4" and very heavy, so we went safe. This is our 1st go round (as a company) with the heavier sandstone.

If I'd known what to expect I could have layed out the underworld better, but it took and hour to tap on the angle iron in. And the block was free so we put it behind the stone for overkill.

Brick is typically stronger than stone because of the core holes, and it lays up level. You are fine with enough brick in the right places.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-21-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Seams

Comment

Gotcha. Makes sense. Thx. But dang I like that sandstone

Comment

porch

That's flat out nice!! Do you cover the TV at all when not using it to protect from the rain? Love the counter tops, and is that a fish fryer next to the grill? I'm about to add a piece like that on our patio, with the cooker and such. I like the way you added the backsplash or whatever its called behind the actual counter! How long is that area with the cooker in it?

I want mine to go along the right side of the porch, if you're looking from these views
              Attached Files
              Last edited by junior; 04-22-2016, 12:04 PM. Reason: add pics

Comment

Dadgum that porch turned out nice!

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  That's flat out nice!! Do you cover the TV at all when not using it to protect from the rain? Love the counter tops, and is that a fish fryer next to the grill? I'm about to add a piece like that on our patio, with the cooker and such. I like the way you added the backsplash or whatever its called behind the actual counter! How long is that area with the cooker in it?

I want mine to go along the right side of the porch, if you're looking from these views

I havnt done anything to cover the tv yet. We had some big storms last week and it stayed dry.

That's a power burner next to the grill. I can put my disc on it, or a skillet, bean pot, etc.

Total length of countertop area is about 15'4".

Comment

That is awesome Dale!!! Dream patio right there.

Comment

Having trouble finding that teal color for the fridge hand?

You ain't finished til the Teal Green 57' Fridgidaire is standing in the corner full of liquid refreshments.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I havnt done anything to cover the tv yet. We had some big storms last week and it stayed dry.

That's a power burner next to the grill. I can put my disc on it, or a skillet, bean pot, etc.

Total length of countertop area is about 15'4".
                        I've looked at the outdoor tv covers and they are quite pricey. I always thought a crib mattress cover would work great though. Since they have that lining it should be weather resistant, and it's got elastic around the edges so you should be able to stretch it around the tv. Just thought I mention that....

Comment

That is what I need!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                            Having trouble finding that teal color for the fridge hand?

You ain't finished til the Teal Green 57' Fridgidaire is standing in the corner full of liquid refreshments.

We've had the paint, paint is easy.

I tore it down and sanded today, and polished some chrome, and sanded, and mother in law polished some chrome, and sanded, removed some old seal, and sanded, learned how fast bondo sets up, and sanded.

I'm tired of sanding.

Hope we get it running by next weekend for Brady's birthday party.

Comment

Man, that is NICE, Dale! Awesome work, as usual.

Comment

Bondo is flammable!!!

Don't ask me how I know....

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                                X