Slow draining toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow draining toilet

My wife informed me last night that one of the toilets wasn't working right. When flushed, the bowl fills up, and then drains slowly.

I plunged away on it with no success. Then, I brought home a 3 ft auger, and didn't dig anything out.

We have a 1 year old that likes to throw things in the trash can, but have not witnessed him flushing any toys.

Thoughts? Pull the toilet? Call a pro?

Could be a ball or other plastic toy that lets the auger go by. My dog has dropped a ball in ours a couple times so no more small balls in the house.

Comment

I vote pull the toilet. My then 3 yr old daughter flushed a small baby bottle down the toilet. It would rise but drain quicker than a stoppage but slow. Pulled the toilet, and the baby bottle made the turn but could not pass the off-set. Neighbors laughed at me while I was trying to brake the plastic bottle with a screwdriver and hammer so I could pull it out.

Comment

I am thinking that pulling the toilet is necessary. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I would have suggested an Auger which you already did. The one I use is a 6' though. Your other option is to pull the toilet or just call a professional.

Comment

Septic? Sewer?

Comment

Originally posted by cam6467 View Post
              Septic? Sewer?
              Sewer

Comment

There is a lot of info on what causes a "toilet vacuum" on the WWW. and youtube. I had a similar problem recently. Turns out, it was my flapper seal of all things. $3 fix. I would have never thought that would have been the cause. No more bowl leaks now. I've had to replace the flapper valves before with an older model toilet. But that was due to the holding tank clearly leaking.

Comment

Working...
                X