Another euro mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another euro mount

A really good friend of mine has a new bride that just shot her first deer the other day and he has asked me to euro mount it for her. It's not the biggest deer in the world, but it is her first.
    I thought I'd keep the post updated with pics as I go along
    Here is the first couple

Congrats to her....tuned in for the finished product

FYI it's in the classifieds

Comment

I've done a lot of euro mounts and I have a few questions... You can boil with the hide still on? Usually I skin it all off. And what's the purpose of the propane bottle in the water? Nothing wrong with that deer!

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen21 View Post
        Congrats to her....tuned in for the finished product

FYI it's in the classifieds

Dang tap talk!!!!!

Does anyone know how to move the post to "around the campfire"?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxTracking View Post
          I've done a lot of euro mounts and I have a few questions... You can boil with the hide still on? Usually I skin it all off. And what's the purpose of the propane bottle in the water? Nothing wrong with that deer!

I'm only boiling it with hide on because it's frozen solid and am using the water to thaw it and make it easier to skin
          The propane in the water helps keep the bottle from freezing up

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            I'm only boiling it with hide on because it's frozen solid and am using the water to thaw it and make it easier to skin
            The propane in the water helps keep the bottle from freezing up
            Nice! I was fixing to say I've been doing it wrong for all these years!!!

Comment

It's coming along despite my "help"
              At least one of my kids is taking an interest.
              Just a bit more cleaning and it will be ready to boil in the dawn and borax soap mixture to aid in degreasing

Comment

Ready for bleaching

Comment

Looking good

I guess you power wash it after you finish boiling it. No issues with all of the small connective "skull" pieces around the nose and mouth, getting blown away, during power washing? Thanks

Comment

I boil it in water with dawn soap and borax soap for degreasing.
                    The pressure washer I use is 2000 psi and has a water heater and soap dispenser which I put more dawn in to further degrease while pressure washing.
                    I have never had any issues with the really fine bones or sinus cavity being damaged. I use a 25 degree pressure head on the washer

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                      I boil it in water with dawn soap and borax soap for degreasing.
                      The pressure washer I use is 2000 psi and has a water heater and soap dispenser which I put more dawn in to further degrease while pressure washing.
                      I have never had any issues with the really fine bones or sinus cavity being damaged. I use a 25 degree pressure head on the washer
                      Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        Thanks for the info

Not the best pics of the sinuses but here is two that I did for my wife and oldest boy last year using the same process

Comment

In the peroxide/borax mixture

Comment

What do you mix for your bleach?

Comment

I use 40% peroxide from Sally's Beauty Supply and 20 mule borax and make a paste. The Borax may not be necessary but I believe it helps to further degrease and it makes a paste that keeps the peroxide on the skull.
                              That part may be a waste of time but I've had good success with it and have never had one yellow as time passes. It's a cheap expense to give me peace of mind

Comment

Working...
                              X