My DIY knife vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DIY knife vise

Saw one like this on the net and decided to try and make me one...this is my first welding job so be gentle!!haha I'll try and clean it up a little and maybe spray paint it...it'll work good enough for what I need it for!

I like it! Does it have bicycle handlebars on it?

Comment

Haha...yeah I gotta get the bikes outta my shop but I'm out of room everywhere else!

Comment

I can't judge. Welds look like mine. Good job!

Comment

Here's one I built a couple years ago.

Comment

Very nice!! I think it'll beat the hell out of my 2x4 and clamp...ha

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
              Hey, I resemble that remark................lol.

Gotta work with what ya got.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                Hey, I resemble that remark................lol.

Gotta work with what ya got.
                As do I. Been wanting to build myself one of these for a while, but never could figure out a way to make the jaws "non-scratching".

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                  As do I. Been wanting to build myself one of these for a while, but never could figure out a way to make the jaws "non-scratching".
                  I cut the holding pipe in 1/2 then welded plate to the 2 pieces then epoxied leather to the pieces.

Comment

They sure come in handy; sure saves you a lot of time. I can't imagine making knives and not having one. Good job Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                      I cut the holding pipe in 1/2 then welded plate to the 2 pieces then epoxied leather to the pieces.

Thats an idea. I was trying to think of a way to put rubber or wood in there, but couldn't think of a way that didn't require screws. Why I didn't think of epoxy, I couldn't tell you, and I have plenty of scrap leather laying around. Thanks Kevin.

Comment

I'm gonna put some rubber in between the wood to keep it from scratching hopefully...maybe I can find some leather around somewhere

Comment

Coach, the problem I see with that design is not being able to rotate the blade to different angles, if you are doing filework you can't rotate the blade. It'll work for flat sanding.

Comment

It's 2 separate parts...I can rotate it to any angle just by loosening the back bolt
                            Hopefully this pic isn't sideways! Tapatalk problems...haha

Comment

Nope it's sideways dangit...sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X