Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dig it good job man

Comment

Well done, Ted. Rifle looks great and she's a cutie!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Thats really awesome!

Comment

looks great. I have an axis 223 as well. Shoots 50gr fiochetti ballistic tips great.

Comment

We are starting out with 40 gr VMAX pushed by 6 grains of Blue Dot chronographed at 1585 FPS. Basically not much recoil at all. I figure it should be good for about 30 yards or so and then I can slowly bump up the velocity as she gets used to it.

Comment

Question for you.
                I've been pondering something similar (chop job on a stock)for my son but getting his tiny little face a good weld on the stock is an issue. Even with a low mount on the scope he has trouble getting a sight picture and he is bigger than your granddaughter. How does she do shooting it? I can make a riser but it is still awkward for him.

Comment

She will have her face off of the stock. She can get a good sight picture with the X-sight. It would be hard to do with a regular scope. I have the gun resting in a Caldwell Deadshot Field Pod and added Velcro to strap it down and stabilize for her.

We will work more on technique and shooting a regular scope as she gets older. Right now just getting the concepts and safety aspects ingrained while she is a "sponge" (she turns 4 on Sunday).

We started out with a laser sight on her 22 Rascal and shot balloons with shotshells at about 10 feet. Then moved on to 22 Long Rifle on my archery deer target with a balloon on the vitals - She was doing great at 15 yards. Now to move on to the reduced load 223 and X-sight at 10-15 yards. She is good for about 3-4 shots at one time and then we are done for a couple weeks or so. I'm planning to work up to about 25-30 yards with this setup and then eventually start increasing the velocity. Just planning to go at her pace and keep reinforcing safety (they remember everything at this age and don't question it).
                  Last edited by Ted; 12-09-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

Man that is so awesome!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is pure greatness!!

Comment

that is awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                          X