Cleaning Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Rack

So, we don't have power at our new lease yet and there are no good trees to utilize near camp. I thought I'd just build an A frame cleaning rack like everyone else and then run a work light to it with power from my generator. I was in The Home Depot picking up the lumber and came across a swing set hardware kit. I figured it'd make it easy to build so I picked it up. It was $99. After I got done building, I realized I had a couple extra solar powered LED flood lights from Harbor Frieght lying around. I went ahead and put them to work so I don't have to run power to a work light, plus have to purchase another work light. Here are the results. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to use it yet....the time is coming soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	20151120_205313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	25073276

And of course, this thing is picking and choosing, yet again, which pics I can upload and which ones I can't. I can't get the daytime pic to load. You get the idea.

Comment

Looks like a good idea and it's portable .. A big plus

Comment

Good idea, very cool.

Comment

Thanks fellas. Also, I forgot to mention that the swing set kit calls for an 8' beam and 8' legs. I went w/ 10' legs to make sure that even the bugger critters can hang freely even with a scale attached to the gambrell. You can't tell in the pic, but it looks like it's going to work out quite well w/ reference to height. I'm glad I went w/ the 10' legs. I think 8' would be to short.

Comment

Nice. Do the solar lights put off enough light?

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
              Nice. Do the solar lights put off enough light?
              Well, I haven't gotten to actually clean an animal on it, so I can't say for sure. However, by turning g them on and taking a look, I'm thinking they'll be plenty bright. In any case, a heck of alot better than holding a flashlight in your mouth or wearing a head lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                Well, I haven't gotten to actually clean an animal on it, so I can't say for sure. However, by turning g them on and taking a look, I'm thinking they'll be plenty bright. In any case, a heck of alot better than holding a flashlight in your mouth or wearing a head lamp.
                10ft was a good idea. I am lucky to have a convienent tree, but the chain hoist and scale mean you need a tall limb!
                I like the solar light idea,
                But I wear a headlight when i skin at night regardless now

Comment

Working...
                X