Some farrier rasp knives I did recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some farrier rasp knives I did recently

Here's some farrier rasp knives I did recently. All but one of these are sold. The one that's not sold is one of the mesquite-handled knives. So those four have mesquite handles. The sharpfinger has an antler handle. Originally, I was going to leave the rough part of the antler on it. I stained it with coffee and everything, had it looking good, but when I attached it to the blade, it was way too thick, so I ground it down and shaped it. I like how it turned out.

These three I made for a guy who plans to give them away for Christmas presents. I won't mention who because that might ruin the element of surprise. I made the fourth one just because I usually make two knives out of each farrier rasp, and I figured, why not? Besides, in case I mess one up, I'd have an extra.

I screwed up the sheath I made for this sharpfinger while I was making the holes for the stitching. It was quite the bummer because it was a beautiful sheath, and I didn't think I had any rattle snake skin left to do another. But luck would have it that I did, so this was the second attempt.

I had a hard time photographing the handle of this knife, but I thought it looked really cool.

Besides this little pit in the blade, it was a pretty clean farrier rasp.

You are knocking it out of the park, very nice work sir!

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
        You are knocking it out of the park, very nice work sir!
        Thank you, Sir!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Sweet looking set! Beautiful sheaths to boot! Great work as always!

Comment

They look really good

Comment

May I ask what you charge for a knife?

Comment

I charge different amounts for different knives depending on the materials, how much work they require, and partly on how fetching they turn out to be. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention prices on this forum, so I'll send you a PM.

Comment

All of them are nice, but that sharpfinger/sheath combo is SWEET!

Comment

I already told you on FB you were the most improved new knife maker that I know! Keep up the good work Sam.

Comment

nice

Comment

Great job! These look great!

Comment

Are those rasps worth anything to a knife maker? My buddy is a ferrier and he throws them in the scrap pile by the dozens.

Comment

That sharp finger is nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X