Yeti Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeti Lite

I bought an Igloo Super Tough 120 at the Igloo annual sale last year. I like the cooler for the added durability but it didn't keep ice very well.

I stole some ideas from Yeti and added a rubber gasket. The gasket is rubber weather seal, $7 from Amazon. I glued it on with 3M automotive weatherstrip adhesive. I already had the glue but it is around $6 a tube at the auto parts store.

Once you add the weatherstrip the Igloo latches won't stay latched. I again stole an idea from Yeti and added rubber hood latches, $12 from Amazon.

After the modifications this thing does an amazing job of keeping ice. The lid is tighter in the back than the front so I might move the hinges over so I can make the back a little looser but for now the cooler works really good.
    Last edited by ken; 09-29-2022, 08:44 PM.

nice upgrade, might have to do this.

Comment

Very cool.... well..............when you put the ice in it...

Comment

Good idea. I've thought about adding a gasket to an igloo before but never did it.

Comment

I bought the same cooler opening weekend when I ran out of cooler space. I agree with you that I was disappointed in the ice retention. I may do this myself!

Comment

Yes sir, good work.

Comment

Seems like a significant upgrade for very little expense. Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good Job, Thanks for sharing

Comment

I put rubber gaskets on all my coolers. Makes a huge difference.

Comment

I think most of the cheap ice chest also are hollow. Always wondered if you could drill a hole in lid and fill it with the spray foam.

Comment

Nice idea!

Comment

Nice work!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 9toes View Post
                          I think most of the cheap ice chest also are hollow. Always wondered if you could drill a hole in lid and fill it with the spray foam.
                          I've seen where others posted about trying this and most ended up tearing up the ice chest when the foam over expanded.

Comment

Working...
                          X