Harbor freight trailer for UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor freight trailer for UTV

Has anyone put atv tires on one of these to pull around the ranch?

Also, let us know which trailer it is..the 860 or 1090 lb capacity.

If so, can you post pics and let me know how you did it?

I'm going to buy one of these, but as rough as our ranch is, I think larger atv tires will be needed.

Thx!

Just go with the larger atv tires, you will regret it if you don't

I have a smaller trailer with smaller than ATV tires and a larger one with ATV tires and I only use the bigger of the two.

Comment

The problem I ran into was finding a hub pattern that matched ATV wheel pattern. As best I could tell they make ATV wheel patterns so they will NOT fit a trailer hub. So folks can't put ATV tires on a trailer and run down the road.

So, I did this...

I used a metal plate, with holes cut to fit the trailer hub pattern, and cut holes to fit the ATV wheel pattern. Installed studs into the ATV holes and mounted the plate to the trailer hub and the ATV wheel to the plate and ended up with this. Works great.

Comment

Okie, holy moly that is one sweet trailer you made there. Thanks for the info!

Comment

why not just mount the atv tires on the original rims that come with trailer

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
            why not just mount the atv tires on the original rims that come with trailer

Would this work?

Comment

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
              Would this work?
              I don't think the rims would be wide enough. I bought one of those trailers and modified it into a boat trailer and it barely worked for that.

I think that plate would be your best option to get them on. The heavier weight 1070 one would probably be better fit for those tires too.
              Last edited by Eagle19; 11-05-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

i don't see why not. as long as you can find them in the rim size. may have to remove the fenders and watch the width so nothing rubs

Comment

how would they not be wide enough? you can mount an 8" or 9" tire on a 4" wide rim. i'm thinking op is after added ground clearance. so many diff't tire options other than just atv as well. think with some searching one could find a happy medium to get the job done.

Comment

Trailer axles will only come in standard sizes, 4-4.00" or 5-4.50", 4.75", 5.00" or 5.50". Most atv tires are a metric 4 hole pattern.

Comment

Working...
                    X