Bluetooth ammo can speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth ammo can speaker

I've seen a build like this on here before but it used a plastic ammo can a cruddy speaker. These things are awesome for using as an electronic call, working out in the field, bonfires, boat rides, and the workshop. What I did different was use a metal ammo can, 2 4in kicker speakers(not exactly cheap), and a bluetooth amp. Sounds pretty good, I take it to the softball fields and leave it in the dug out at about half way up and you can hear it in the outfield!

Here's the regular one.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a painted one I did!
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! What does it use for a power source?

Comment

Got any inside pics?

Comment

I thought about doing something like this but went a bought a portable bluetooth speaker instead. Cheaper, no work involved, more battery life, and completely waterproof.

Now if you just like to tinker and build stuff, I totally get it.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              Very nice! What does it use for a power source?
              Deer feeder battery, last over 8 hours.

Comment

They have def made it to easy to just get a waterproof Bluetooth speaker but these have the cool factor for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  Got any inside pics?
                  No because I sell these to kids in College Station and I don't want them to figure it out. Hahah I'll pm you though.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    I thought about doing something like this but went a bought a portable bluetooth speaker instead. Cheaper, no work involved, more battery life, and completely waterproof.

Now if you just like to tinker and build stuff, I totally get it.
                    See I thought the same thing. So I bought one off amazon for $40. Wasn't water proof but the battery only last 4 hours and the speakers weren't that great. Also couldn't hear it from too far away. After having it for a few months the usb charger port broke off of it.

I feel like the quality portable speakers are around $300. But those you don't want to get dirty.

This worked awesome because it's heavy duty, it's not water proof, but it doesn't hurt if it gets a little rain on it. It also gets just as loud as those guys with the radio coolers they build, but it's an 1/8th of the weight and space. Although it doesn't have a crazy bass end like those coolers do, not a big deal to me. Also the battery last weeks at a time. For some people the $100 waterproof speaker works.

Comment

Very cool speaker!

Comment

I'd be interested in rigging one up. I've got about a hundred ammo cans in my shop.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmorrow View Post
                          I'd be interested in rigging one up. I've got about a hundred ammo cans in my shop.
                          You can go as cheap as you want or as expensive as you want on speakers and amps. I highly recommend buying some spray on bedliner to bedline the inside of it with and using felt or the soft part of Velcro on the bottom side of the handle. It helps reduce a lot of rattle!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                            See I thought the same thing. So I bought one off amazon for $40. Wasn't water proof but the battery only last 4 hours and the speakers weren't that great. Also couldn't hear it from too far away. After having it for a few months the usb charger port broke off of it.

I feel like the quality portable speakers are around $300. But those you don't want to get dirty.

This worked awesome because it's heavy duty, it's not water proof, but it doesn't hurt if it gets a little rain on it. It also gets just as loud as those guys with the radio coolers they build, but it's an 1/8th of the weight and space. Although it doesn't have a crazy bass end like those coolers do, not a big deal to me. Also the battery last weeks at a time. For some people the $100 waterproof speaker works.

http://www.amazon.com/ECOXGEAR-Water.../dp/B008MG5V80

Comment

I have this speaker, I've been pretty happy with it but when your outside the sound gets drowned out imo. There are a lot more options out since I bought mine but I bet this ammo can is considerably louder than most.

Comment

Working...
                              X