my DIY hayring blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my DIY hayring blind

so a couple of years ago I found an old hay ring at the deer lease and thought it'd be a cool project to, build into a bow blind. that day I moved it to the corner of a 20acre wheat field behind our lease house. I wrapped it in camo with zip ties and wanted to hunt it the next weekend. well when I got to the lease I was expecting to hunt it, then I saw all the netting I had put on it was ripped up and gone. this project got put on the back burners for a while. well a few weeks ago I put a game camera in a draw that leads to a pond on the neighboring property along a fence separating our lease from a wheat field lets say 100acres. but coming from this pond onto our property there's a nice game trail which the camera covered. I pulled the card only to find the camera was broken, I was pi$$ed!!! I had been waiting all week to see what had been down there, I put up another camera and got started on my project for so long.
    Attached Files

here I started with the hay ring and took a cattle panel from inside to inside

Comment

next I put he hay ring in place and placed a 14-20 tarp (folded in half) on top for my roof, I took an older tarp from a stand we are in the process of rebuilding and used for my base on the front side
      Attached Files

Comment

next I used a short piece of quack grass on the roof and a longer piece in front, then all the brush I cut down making my lanes I placed infront of and on top of the blind to blend in with the surroundings, now I know all the brush is gonna die but I don't think itll be a big deal, ill wait to see what it looks like when I go back opening weekend.
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks real good!

Comment

great idea looks awesome!

Comment

Turned out really nice kinda looks like a cave.

Comment

nice

Comment

That will work!

Comment

Man, that looks spooky. Like one of those man eating plants.

Comment

That will work. Nice job.

Comment

That will work!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

that is too cool

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

Working...