Public Land Setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    Looks good! Pulling that trailer with a load and off the pavement will put hair on your chest
    yes, sweating with snow on the ground and breathing hard, lol....

Comment

I like the strap idea. My climber still has the original straps on it. I wonder if adding and chest/waist strap/buckle would help distribute the load any? You know, like most backpacks have.......

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
        I like the strap idea. My climber still has the original straps on it. I wonder if adding and chest/waist strap/buckle would help distribute the load any? You know, like most backpacks have.......
        Here's one I thought about getting. It was like $50 though and the way I have it setup with the straps, and the seat going over the top for back padding I didn't feel it was worth the $50.

Comment

That's an awesome looking set up.

Can you tell us more about that pvc connection? That looks like a much better way than carrying a hog on your back

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              Here's one I thought about getting. It was like $50 though and the way I have it setup with the straps, and the seat going over the top for back padding I didn't feel it was worth the $50.

I may order me one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                That's an awesome looking set up.

Can you tell us more about that pvc connection? That looks like a much better way than carrying a hog on your back
                Basically it's just a 4" sch 40 pvc in a 2 foot length. Drilled two holes for the seat post to slide thru. You have to make sure you cut the holes at an angle so the pipe sits close to level. Then cut a slot in the other end of the pvc for your game cart handle to go in. Then on that same end drill a 1/2" hole for a 4 or 5 inch by 1/2" bolt with a nut to go in to hold the game cart in the slot. I'll take more pics when I get home if needed.

I will have to make some adjustments to the game cart handle to keep the pvc from sliding on the handle.

I'll more than likely use the trailer to haul game out more than anything.

And I still need to adjust the climber just a little bit to make it carry a little better.

Comment

Working...
                X