Show-n-tell; knives, cheeseboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show-n-tell; knives, cheeseboard

I haven't had show and tell in a while (mostly because I haven't made a whole lot of stuff in a while), so I thought I'd show a few of my latest things.

Here are some knives this guy wanted me to do with the letter 'A' inlayed into the handle. These were really difficult because of all the sharp turns and my inexperience with a scroll saw. I decided I'm probably not going to do any more of these because I'm not happy with how they look, but the client was happy with them.

I made a fourth knife at the same time in case I messed up one of the three above, but I put a redwood handle on it instead. The handle had a couple of cracks I didn't noticed until I had it nice and sanded. I filled them with superglue, then had a drawing on facebook and gave it away to a friend.

Finally, I made a cheese board with an inlayed cat and a cheese knife with a zebrawood handle and copper pins, which I'm pretty pleased with.

The cat in the cheeseboard matches the cat in one of my poor folk bows logos.

Every thing looks really good Sam but a cat, really?

Comment

Great looking knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Every thing looks really good Sam but a cat, really?
        I did one for my sister that had a mouse inlayed into it, which I guess makes more sense since mice eat cheese. I figured it make sense to put a cat in the following cheese board since cats follow mice. Besides that, it matches the cat on my poor folk bows logo. That's the reasoning anyway. :-) My other sister wants me to do one with a dog.

Comment

Working...
        X