Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Golf cart questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shopping for a Jeep Cherokee when I came across a great deal of a 36v golf cart, so I bought it. Well I thought it was a great deal but turned out to just be an alright deal because I have had to do a rear end swap (which I expected to do) and replace the batteries (didn't expect to do).

It came with a lift, tires, front winch bumper with red LED's and white LED's, rear flip seat, front and rear receiver hitches, camo wrap on the plastics, upgraded controller, gun rack and front "clays" basket. All-in-all I will have about $3,500 in the cart after, doing the rear end swap, buying new batteries, converting it to 42 or 48 volt, upgrading the electrical system including 2ga wires throughout, upgraded motor, solenoid and other odds and ends.

From what I've been told I should expect to run around 20 mph and have enough torque to climb the moderate hills that I need to. I'm buying slightly better than average batteries (241 Ah) so I should get 10-15 miles of range depending on the ambient temperature and conditions.

When it's all said and done, I could've bought a 4x4 Cherokee for $2k and had HEAT & A/C!

Comment

Mid 90's Toyota 4Runner's are reasonably priced, too.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. I do have a 94 Toyota pickup I use around my East Texas deer lease but may just pickup a suv of some type to leave out west on our big place.

Comment

Well guys I took your advice and went out and bought a 2001 jeep cherokee 4x4... thanks for all of your help!

Comment

i use 48 volt club car with big tires,
            12 mile range easy on one charge.
            trick on rocky roads is low tire pressure, 5 - 6 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
              Mid 90's Toyota 4Runner's are reasonably priced, too.
              Much less expensive than a sidexside.

Comment

Working...
              X