Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycle kid trailer conversion to hunting rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle kid trailer conversion to hunting rig?

So I told the wife to keep an eye out for a cheap kid trailer/cart like you pull behind a bike.

She scored a free instep one the other day and now I need to convert it for use at H in November.
    I already pulled all of the nylon "tent" off of it, it was basically rotten from exposure.

If you have converted one, post up some pics

Come on.

Comment

did anyone notice the guy holding the "pichers" sign look like Jake on here?....

Comment

I know good and well there are some folks on the GS that have built/converted one of these trailers

Comment

I used to use one but gave it away. Absolute first mod you need to do is swap out the trailer/bike connector thingy with a comfortable handle.

Comment

Brian, you might try "sickbow.com" or " bowsite.com", They might be helpful.

Comment

Google is your friend. Search the entire internet rather than a small pool of guys. Just search bike trailer for conversion for hunting and you will find instructables and countless images

Comment

my version

like this. pull it with a 29er gone tubeless. just started piddling and this is where it went.
                Attached Files

Comment

forgot, folds out for bigger loads.pic is from in progress. have done 10 mi. w 100 lbs of corn. i have a 20 in. aluminum waiting to improve on this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's our Hagerman rig from last year.

Had it loaded with 2 stands, my bow and backpack last year. Worked well.

This is a game cart with a piece of square tuning bolted to one side with that connected to the bike with a part off a baby trailer.

Comment

I built one for hunting in the National Forests in CA. A lot of the roads are closed to motorized vehicles.

I cant find any pics of it right now, but I made a flat aluminum deck and bolted a Rubbermade Action Packer to it. Had a tent, sleeping bag, water jug, spare tubes, etc

Comment

The wife was heading to her parents through the country today and found another one on the side of the road

She brought it home so now I have one to practice on

I have a few ideas

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          The wife was heading to her parents through the country today and found another one on the side of the road

She brought it home so now I have one to practice on

I have a few ideas

The Lord will provide!

Comment

you want to pull on foot or on bike?

Comment

I would prefer to pull with a bike but looking at the ones I have I may build a handle to make pulling by hand an option

Comment

Working...
                              X