X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
      The casters are going away! I think it's gonna tip over every time I open the door. I'm afraid if one of the wheels go flat then it will tip. I'll either have to build a cart to mount on or a trailer which is what eventually happen any way. I was hoping for something I could push in the corner of the garage and roll it out when I use it. Just too heavy for the casters.

We have lots of learning to do on fire control. It took us 2 hours to hit 260° but it holds great when it gets there. I need to figure out how to heat it up faster. Over all I'm impressed and we are not finished. She will look good when we get a fancy paint job and dress it up a little. My only complaint is its too heavy to use it the way I wanted to.
      Pear Burner?

Comment

We were thinking of using a weed burner. We'll try some different things to see what works. Weed burner is the last resort.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

We cooked 4 racks of ribs, 2 turkey and 2 hams for thanksgiving and she cooked great. Though it is efficient it's not as efficient as I had hoped. I was hoping not to add wood as we cooked but we had to add a few small splits of oak to keep the temp up. Seems like it cooks even across the chamber. That's what I was hoping for with the reverse flow design. Overall I'm pretty happy so far.

Comment

Working...
            X