DIY Polaris Ranger Metal Roof Build w/Winch and Light Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    The place 249/Boudreaux did roof. Wanted low pressure (thicker ) on hitch haul and took it to the place 249 and belt. I didn't call, just showed up and asked

Innovative automotive is the place at Boudreaux
    Thanks!

Comment

For a coating get the rust oleum leak seal. It's a heavy rubber coating and they sell it at homedepot. It dries pretty hard, thick build and durable. I like it a lot better than the rattle can bed liner and it's got a lot better adhesion.

Comment

Went ahead and used the Rustoleum Rattle Can Bed Liner spray.

I spent a ton of time prepping the metal so it should hold up as well if not better than what I've used it on in the past.

I also figured it would be easier to touch up when it gets scratches,

Really happy with the build and will post up (Final) pictures once I have it all anchored down and everything installed later this week.
        Attached Files

Comment

Turned out great.

Comment

Very nice build.........I just built a roof for my Ranger crew after I was fed up with the plastic roof from the dealer dumping water in my lap everytime it rained. I used 4" flat plate and made a frame, then 3/4" treated plywood and used Monstaliner bed liner to coat it...have a 52" light bar on the front and 12" on the back. I also mounted 2 of the boat seat swivel plates on the top with drop in pedestals and two swivel seats like used on boats so now 2 people can hunt on top of my roof.

Comment

Was finally able to get the roof, winch, and Light Bars fulling installed on the Ranger. I then put it through some pretty heavy testing.

I loaded 6 bags of protein on the roof while I was filling my feeders and the roof didn't even flex! I also stood on it numerous times over the weekend while clearing trees which makes things a lot easier for me.

I also ran it through a ton of cedar trees and to my surprise none of the paint chipped.

The winch works like a charm, is easy to remove, and should easily lift 300lb animals into the bed.

The 12 inch and 8 inch LED Bars are AWESOME!

I cant believe I waited so long to get them!

Very happy with this build.
              Attached Files

Comment

that looks great, nice work all around

Comment

Man Bobby. You have been busy. Looks great. Pretty and green out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Man Bobby. You have been busy. Looks great. Pretty and green out there.
                    I have been busy and glad that I'm done with it all.

Ive found that if the Ranger is at home the ideas just keep coming......

It's the greenest I think I've ever seen it up there!

The rain and green is great and all but I've got a ton of trees that would say otherwise.

I cleared 7 really large trees from the roads and still have another 5 or 6 to go. I also have a washout that I have to deal with that will be very labor intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                      I have drip edges or lips on it they just didn't show up in the pictures very well.

I used some half inch angle iron

I agree about the bedliner, I'll get some quotes and if they're to high I do it my self.
                      I have a similar one on my Ranger. I got tired of getting wet from the factory plastic one that held about two gallons of water each time it rained ! Never thought about a winch. Great idea ! I delivered mine to the body shop and told them to shoot it with bedliner when they had another job to do, thus got a little discount on it. I might have to redo mine with the lights and winch. I'm feeling inspired !

Comment

That looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

I have a similar one on my Ranger. I got tired of getting wet from the factory plastic one that held about two gallons of water each time it rained ! Never thought about a winch. Great idea ! I delivered mine to the body shop and told them to shoot it with bedliner when they had another job to do, thus got a little discount on it. I might have to redo mine with the lights and winch. I'm feeling inspired !
                          The lights are a game changer and they are cheaper now. I paid $55 for the 12in, $35 for 8in, $30 for 2 harnesses, $10 for each rocker switch to match OEM, & $15 for green filter lenses. If the lights go out they are easily replaceable since all the wiring is already there. Totally worth in my opinion.

Comment

That thing's ready to hunt!

Comment

Turned out good!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X