Shipping Container Build, I hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    Just another thought, I saw one not long ago with dual axles and a tongue....now you have the best of both worlds....a container that you could build however you like and it would last forever and its mobile..
    I actually could go out and buy a chassis for it, but the issue then becomes the registration for the chassis itself. I would need to get it inspected annually

Comment

Hiring to move a 40' is cheaper than the chassis..

Comment

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Im building one after deer season, so im interested in your build. I have searched but havent found many builds.

Comment

Keep it simple. Sleep, Dry/cool/warm in the weather and security until you can expand your horizon. That's how we did it in IRAQ.

Comment

ttt

Comment

In for an update.

Comment

From London to Amsterdam to Mumbai, shipping containers have been celebrated as a cheap and easy way to provide pre-fab housing. But what is it like to live in one – and can they transcend pop-up status to be a permanent solution?

Comment

Awww man.. looks like this thread died. Any updates?

Comment

Here are some pics of the one we did at our lease
                          Last edited by TBoat; 10-11-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'm going to pass on the crapper next to my pillow .... Other than that, looks good

Comment

Texas276 - how did you solve the icing condensation problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                Texas276 - how did you solve the icing condensation problem?
                                I'm not sure I solved it, I'm not even sure the problem even exists. It was pre-planning over thinking on my part, but I used a spray foam insulation kit. It insulated and sealed the wall off. I think some good moisture barrier and regular insulation would work just fine for a lot less money and mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X