first bow/gun blind built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first bow/gun blind built

I recently started building a gun/bow blind. haven't finished them but am almost done. what do u guys think of the progress so far?
    Attached Files

Look good! They look like they are going to be really nice!

Comment

Nice start!

Comment

Looks great! What are your window heights?

Comment

Looking great. I have previously built a couple of metal blinds and I think you
          are doing an excellent job.

I have just a couple of questions/comments.

1. Where did you obtain your metal siding ?

2. Comment: I like to complete the door before I finish the remainder of the
          sides. Sometimes, it is the 1st side I complete. If the door is finished
          last, then it is hard to work on the inside of the door with all sides
          already "closed in". That is unless you enjoy climbing thru the
          small windows that we all like to put in our blinds ! ! LOL.....
          Just a thought.

3. Comment. For the roof, I use the same metal as on the sides. But I "bend" the
          square tubing used as "rafters", to give them a bit of a slope. Cut them 1"
          longer than the inside width of the stand, then bend them in the middle.
          This will usually give enough "slope" to direct the rain. This might work for
          you.

Keep your pictures coming. Thanks
          Last edited by SilverFox; 03-23-2015, 08:29 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

Looking Good!!!!

Comment

nice

Comment

Seems like extra work to go back on scab on feet after the fact. Run your corners long.....save some time. Time is $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  Seems like extra work to go back on scab on feet after the fact. Run your corners long.....save some time. Time is $$$
                  2 have feet one does not...its going on a tower, I do not believe the ones with feet are scabbed on

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

What are going to use for a roof?

Comment

looking good

Comment

Looks good - light strong effective. The design looks good. What will you use for a floor base? What will you use for sound damping on the interior walls? What style of windows? - slides flip open

I have built two similar in design - one all metal construction similar to this one and one wood and fiberglass panels similar design to this one. Both I had to utilize sound damping materials due to wind noise as well as internal echoes from the materials

Comment

floor will be 1/2 treated ply wood. with the front shelves removable. also 1/2 treated ply. windows are fold up deerview camo windows. if u wanna sound damper I would go with foam board but not much time for me to do that.

Comment

roof has a 2" slope to the back. will have an over hang of 1" to the front and 1" to the back. also the door is a 26" full size door wont have any issues there

Comment

Working...
                              X