Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor regulator rebuild?

Anybody ever rebuild their regulators?

Anybody know anything about older Victor gauges?

Bought a set at an estate sale for less than what the bras is worth.

Found parts for 1 but other one I can't find anything on (SR 430)

I took mine in to have it rebuilt, they did and didn't charge me!....find a place that sells and repairs and ask...this would be the safe bet.

Comment

I have probably built 1000000 of them. I can do it in my sleep, but parts are a different story. Any problems with them? Why do they need rebuilt?

Comment

Originally posted by papadoc View Post
        I have probably built 1000000 of them. I can do it in my sleep, but parts are a different story. Any problems with them? Why do they need rebuilt?
        Dirt daubers in the inlets and figure they are old enough the seats and other internals need replacing. Also one has a gauge that looks like it might be busted internally and the acetylene one is missing the inlet side.

Thought if it was not too complicated I would buy the parts and clean them up and rebuild.

Can't find anything about the SR 430 other than a few for sale on ebay, no parts, no diagrams nothing. Other gauge is SR 460A (acetylene with 15psi service pressure) and I found all kinds of info on it

Comment

I've always just taken to the welding supply. A rebuild isn't too terrible expensive.

Comment

For safety sake take them to welding supply........don't want to blow anything up. IMO

Comment

Hey BT…I realize it’s been a minute since you posted about the SR 430 but I wanted to share with you (and anyone else who might need) a resource in the DFW area that is flat assume!!! I’d check with Torch and Guage in Grand Prairie at 2350 NW Dallas St. I have 2 phone numbers for them 972-316-6856 and 606-4848. LMK if you need anything else at 817-269-8327

Comment

That is good info, I still have them on a shelf in the garage

Comment

Working...
                X