No announcement yet.

DIY Fishing lake re-do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some chainlink all twisted and bent. It should moss up nice or drive some branches in it

Comment

looks awesome. Let us know when we can all come fish lol. I would love to have something like this at my house. Keep up the awesome work.

Comment

Well....we got more rain than we bargained for (not a complaint) and everything filled up on us. That means we didn't get a few things done but it's all good.

One thing we didn't finish was the dock styrofoam. Time to wader up. Thank goodness for tractors. FYI Farm jacks on telephone poles don't work
        Attached Files

Comment

Keep Posting Pics.

This is a great thread.

Comment

Great thread. BTW. Have you thought about the ramifications of keeping those ponds full with a well. Seems like a lot of water to be pulling out of the ground for recreational use. Could be an issue for you and your neighbors in drought years. I only ask because I'm interested in doing the same with our place because the ponds have been dry twice in the last 6 years and starting over every few years gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
              Great thread. BTW. Have you thought about the ramifications of keeping those ponds full with a well. Seems like a lot of water to be pulling out of the ground for recreational use. Could be an issue for you and your neighbors in drought years. I only ask because I'm interested in doing the same with our place because the ponds have been dry twice in the last 6 years and starting over every few years gets old.
              We're fortunate that on this place there aren't a lot of neighbors close by. One of the wells for this property has been there for years because they've irrigated out of that pond for the main house. The second well is relatively shallow compared to water supply wells in the area.

If you're thinking of using a well to keep ponds full drop me a PM. It takes a bunch of gallons per minute to keep up with evaporation during the summer. None of ours make enough water to do that. The goal is simply to take the edge off during wetter months so we can try to play catch up.

Comment

Lookin really good, sir.

Comment

One of the other problems.... I mean opportunities the quick rise in water created was the points at the main house big pond didn't get finished.

Somebody (who shall remain nameless) missed the elevation on the transit and both points were dead even with the spillway instead of a foot above the spillway. Guess that's what you get for paying your labor in fishing rights and beer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150611_101717_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	24388566
                  Not to worry, dirt is easy to dig and dump trucks are fun to drive. We actually got most of this done the past weekend just forgot to snap pictures of the finished points.

Comment

Should have thrown In swimming rights if they wanted the elevation shot right!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Should have thrown In swimming rights if they wanted the elevation shot right!
                      Funny you mentioned that. When we replaced the dock foam the owner was busting our chops as we put waders on in June. We reminded him that swimming rights had not been granted and we were wearing these to make it a duck hunt so he coudn't take away our beer again.

Comment

looks promising

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

great job, I'm hoping to enlarge my pond soon

Comment

Really cool

Comment

Wow, nice to follow along!

Comment

Working...