No announcement yet.

hatchet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes it look older, I like the casting marks you left I even though it was done on purpose ;-)

Comment

Turned out real nice. Great work Chris!

Comment

Definitely looks like an upgrade.

Please pardon my ignorance...what exactly did you do to the hatchet (after the first set of pictures) and why did you do it?

I love this DIY section--just makes my 'I-Sure-Wish-I-Could-Do-That' list a lot longer.

Thanks.

Comment

lotsofshots, when i got the hatchet from factory it was pretty crude. i sanded all of the black paint off, removed a big bump from the top, somewhat rounded out the hammer end, sanded out alot of casting marks.

when i was done getting the factory mistakes out of it i cold blued the head and burned the stripes into the handle.

Comment

Got it. Thanks for the explanation. It definitely looks like something I would like to have around. Nice work.

Comment

thanks. it's really not that hard just very time consuming, if you ever want to try one shoot me a pm and i'll help you with whatever you need.

on a side note, the ONLY way i could get all the paint off was filling a cake pan with acetone and put the head in, cover it and every 5 hours scrape at it with a paint scraper and wire brushes

Comment

Working...
              X