Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bathroom to Be Proud of. Recently Remodeled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bathroom to Be Proud of. Recently Remodeled.

This is a bathroom I remodeled. It was from a 1950's home. The bathroom was original with pink tile and lots of issues. I forgot to take pics but the tear out was a booger. The tile ran up 4 foot on the wall with chicken wire and concrete as backer. It was a mess.
    Anyways I tore it out to the studs and rebuilt it. I kept the style classic with a very clean look. It took a while with the subway tile on the walls and the old school floor tile but turned out nice. I built all new custom cabinets and had new quartz countertops installed (not finished in pics). They ordered a mirror online that hadn't come in yet. Not sure you can see it in the pics but there is all new crown mould and decorative trim installed. I think it really turned out nice and kept to the time period. Just wanted to share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878697.076365.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	25042161

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878722.772173.jpg
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	25042162

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878768.150554.jpg
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	25042163

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878806.344011.jpg
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	25042164

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878841.918416.jpg
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	25042165

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878880.162808.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	25042166

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419878902.980051.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	25042167
    Last edited by Texas Stalker; 12-29-2014, 12:52 PM.

Those tiles with chicken wire backers are a mother, had it in my kitchen and half bath.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
      Those tiles with chicken wire backers are a mother, had it in my kitchen and half bath.

So you know the dust, blood, and determination it takes to get it removed. A real pain.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Really dig the wall heater. Grew up with those. So nice on a cold morning.

Comment

Very impressive Texas Stalker!!!!

I gutted & renovated our 1955 bathroom last summer, and have the scars to prove it too!

I can appreciate all the attention to detail and painstaking preparation that you put into that to make it look as good as it does. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

It's interesting to tear out older bathrooms. You never know what you'll find in the walls. As many folks did back in this time they had a slit somewhere in the wall by the vanity to throw their razors from shaving away. So there were hundreds of blades in the bottom of the wall. Pretty cool.

Comment

I've torn out the old chikin wire and concrete before it's a bear. Very well done

Comment

I have two more just like it scheduled for January and February. I'll be sure and remember before pics this time.

Comment

Man, that looks awesome and period consistent. Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Man, that looks awesome and period consistent. Great work!

Thanks. I would not suggest all white for kids though. At least not on the floors. This lady had no kids. Boogers, pee, and poo stains pretty bad.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Comment

Very nice, I like all the white

Comment

Very good looking project, fixing to tackle mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X