Feeder wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder wiring

Doing a complete overhaul of my deer feeder and have a wiring question.

Because it's 12 volt DC I assume the only effect motor polarity will have will be which way it spins... Right?

I can't see why it would matter which way it spins unless one way is more efficient and requires less juice. Is that likely?

Finally, The motor isn't labeled as to positive or negative but there is a tiny red dot by one terminal so am I to assume that is the positive terminal?

Yes the one with the red dot is the positive. But to answer your question it shouldn't matter which way you wire it.

Comment

That's what I figured but dind't know for sure. Thanks

Comment

You would be correct.

Comment

All wired back up with "high dollar" plugs so they won't fall off when it takes a bump. Nothing more frustrating than driving three hours to hunt and finding the feeder ain't been feeding! Am I right?

Comment

Red= Positive correct...I would solder male extension from + & - side of motor so that female clip from timer fits snug

Comment

I used crimp on connectors and supported the wires with a zip tie to prevent any strain from pulling on them. My soldering skills are iffy at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                I used crimp on connectors and supported the wires with a zip tie to prevent any strain from pulling on them. My soldering skills are iffy at best.
                I do the same thing works great you would almost have to break wires out before the zipties come loose. On mine anyways.

Comment

I also put a diode on solar panel wire to stop the back feeding of panel

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                    I also put a diode on solar panel wire to stop the back feeding of panel
                    Had a cheap solar panel two years ago and learned the hard way about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2006Martin View Post
                      Red= Positive correct...I would solder male extension from + & - side of motor so that female clip from timer fits snug

Not necessarily.

The red dot indicates where to hook the positive up in order to make the motor turn clockwise from the outboard end or the end with the terminals.

Reversing polarity will reverse rotation.

Comment

Always throw your corn in a clockwise direction unless you buy a left handed spinner plate and left handed Allen wrenches to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy3 View Post
                          Always throw your corn in a clockwise direction unless you buy a left handed spinner plate and left handed Allen wrenches to install it.
                          I thought it was left handed for organic corn...

Comment

spin right handed deer will come to the feeder.
                            spin left handed deer will go away from the feeder.
                            I think

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              I thought it was left handed for organic corn...
                              Left hand spin is for pea gravel...

Comment

Working...
                              X