No announcement yet.

Octagon Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty great. What did you do for the roof?

Comment

Very nice sir!

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Very Nice.

Comment

Excellent job, wish I could build something like that..
              I am a true believer that caulk and trim will fix/cover just about anything..

Comment

Thats sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                  The paint is put on with a 5" roller. If you put some black paint in one side of the tray and white in the other side.( don't matter if they run together) Put one side of the roller in one color then the other and go to rollin. It just takes a few minutes.
                  Well I'll be ****ed.....and here I thought I was Picasso with my spray paint camo art.

That really loooks natural.

Comment

Very nice, great job

Comment

What are you doing for the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                        The panels are made with 1/4 " Luan plywood about 9 bucks a sheet. I ran it cross grain on this one to save $, I usually run it up and down. I primed it with a mobile home roof coating then painted real good. I made four others about three years ago and fiberglassed over the plywood. They also have sliding aluminum windows that work really nice, especially on cold rainy days. Ill try to get some pics of them this weekend, they blend in well in the oaks.
                        Will Lowes or HD have this Luan plywood? Have never thought about using that at all.

Comment

Lowe's has Luan not sure about H.D. should be about $9.00. Made a flat roof on this one out of 5/8 plywood with mobile home roof coating. It's been a year and it is still in good shape, but i wont build another one flat. ( just doesn't seem right) The 8 footer I'm working on now is going to have a octagon metal roof on it . I'll get pics soon.

Comment

Did you put the shoot through windows all the way around? If so do you still find that they have a hard time picking your silhouette out from the back windows?

By the way great job.

Comment

Yes windows all the way around. I have curtains on all windows, haven't been spotted yet.

Comment

Yes windows all the way around with curtains. We haven't been spotted yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X