Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help on lawnmower repair

Sorry long winded.

I need help with a push lawnmower. It is a murry 625 E with a 190cc engine. I bought it in April 2012 from Walmart. I mowed with it one time and it worked fine. The next week when I tried to start it it would not do anything. I messed around with it and got it to work. Basically just ran a can of started fluid through it. After that my yard died and I didn't mow again until the next spring (2013). I pulled the lawn mower out of the garage and it wouldn't start. It was about 10 months old at this time. I called Walmart and they told me to call the manufacturer which told me to take it to a local shop to fix it. So I took it to the local shop. It took a month. While it was being fixed, I fixed my old broken one and mowed with that. When I picked it up, the guy pulled the cord to show me it worked and it wouldn't start. He took it into the back and 45 minutes later came out with it and said he fixed it. He said he originally replaced the float in the carb, but when he took it to the back he changed out the fuel with high octane and fuel stabilizer. I never used it until this past week. I pulled it out and it wouldn't start. I flushed the gas out. I opened the carb and made sure all the ports were clean and open. Everything looks good, but it won't start. I can get it to run if I am spraying starter fluid into it, but as soon as the fluid runs out, it dies. It doesn't look like it is getting any fuel which is a carb problem, but the carb is spotless.

What am I missing. This thing is 2 years old and has been used 3 times for a total under 3 hours.

One thing that may be the key to the problem is that when I push on the primer bulb it doesn't prime the mower. My older mower, which is the same model, you would hear the fuel prime and if you pumped it enough, you would see some splash out into the carb and if you did it too much you could flood the mower. This one sounds like air when I prime it and I can never flood it. No mater how much I prime it, I can start it with starter fluid.

Any thoughts?

Fuel line or filter

Is the fuel filter flow going the right direction?

Comment

The primer bulb may have a hole in it or is cracked, check for split fuel lines
      did you pull out the jets in the carb and make sure they are clean? I always run a fine wire thru them.
      In the future when you fill up a gas can add stabilizer right at the pump, it will eliminate most of these kind of issues. When I'm putting stuff away for the winter I run them out of gas.

Comment

Primer bulb hole not priming.

Comment

What engine do you have?

Comment

I don't see a fuel filter on it. The line goes straight from the tank into the side of the carb. There is full flow when I disconnect the fuel line.

I took the carb basic parts off and sprayed carberator fluid through them. I made sure fluid would spray through all areas.

If the primer bulb has a hole in it, would it just not prime or would it not work at all?

It is a Briggs and Stratton 190cc engine.

Comment

Just won't prime to crank the engine. If it starts fine with gas in the carb or starting fluid then it is not getting primed.

Comment

It starts and runs as long as I am continually spraying starter fluid in it. As soon as I stop spraying it, it dies.

Comment

sounds like a hole in a line somewhere and it is scuking air and not creating a suction

Comment

Originally posted by diamond06 View Post
                    sounds like a hole in a line somewhere and it is scuking air and not creating a suction
                    Where should I look? The fuel lines look new.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                      Where should I look? The fuel lines look new.

Underneath the clamps or around the clamps.

Did you remove the carb completely or just the bowl?

Did you put the rubber ring, between bowl and carb, back in properly?

Comment

I did remove the carb completely. I replaced the o-ring from the carb to the engine, I replaced the rubber ring above the bowl and I replaced the gasket from the carb to the air filter. I assume they are all in there right. I can take them all out again and inspect them.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          I did remove the carb completely. I replaced the o-ring from the carb to the engine, I replaced the rubber ring above the bowl and I replaced the gasket from the carb to the air filter. I assume they are all in there right. I can take them all out again and inspect them.

Be sure to clean the surfaces on the carb and engine well, and make sure to get all the old gasket off. Try not to gouge either surface.

It wouldn't hurt to clean and gap your spark plug

Comment

I will make it shine, but it is basically brand new and very clean.

I didn't check the spark plug. Could that cause my problem? It is the factory plug with 3 hours of use.

Comment

Cover the mouth of the carb with your hand ( dont let it get any air) then pull the rope or het someone else to. Do it until your palm is wet with gas or it starts. If it starts, replace the primer bulb. If not, the carb needs to be soaked and blown out. Text me if needed. Nine eight five 637 one one nine two

Comment

Working...
                              X