Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade fisherman, check this out. Wade Board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade fisherman, check this out. Wade Board.

I will say that I am new to this. I had never salt fished until I moved to this God forsaken sand bar last summer Since then, I have been able to get in a bunch of fishing. I can be out in the kayak or wading in less than 10 minutes from my house. I use lures 90% of the time so taking more than 1 rod is an issue. I saw a wade caddy that someone makes for this but I wanted to make my own. The wade belt is cool bou I would be limited to waste deep ant 2 poles.

Long story short, I found this old, worn out knee board on Craigslist for $10. The 3 rod holder for $11 at a tackle shop, $15 worth hardware and $10 for the screw ball mount and here we go. I did use it yesterday and it does need a few tweaks. I am going to add a cleat on the back so I can put a small weight on a line that will drag behind the board. That will keep it from blowing in front of me when the wind is at my back. I am also wanting to do a water camo paint job on it. That will be just for show though

I could have probably done without drilling all the way through the board for the plugs but I did it and had to deal with it. I was able to stick a piece of 1" PVC through the hole and cut it flush. The whole thing would have taken an hour or so if I had everything here and had not decided to take the knee cushion off. That is the biggest time waster of or this whole thing.

I guess I could have just strapped a crate to it and called it done but where is the fun in that? Anyways, here it is mocked up. I should have the finishing touches done in a week or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	25013433

Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	25013433

Looks like I'm gonna have to post pics one at a time

Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24297466

Comment

[ATTACH]611963[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]611964[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]611965[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's southern engineering right there. Hey whatever works

Comment

Cool set up. How do you like the NuCanoe Frontier for fishing that area?

Gerone

Comment

On heck yeah. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Could of used one of those flounder gigin..

Comment

My question is how stable is it? I would definitely suggest tieing your rods down in case it tumps over.

Comment

That's a hell of an idea. I might paint it white though.

Comment

Cool rig Corey

Comment

Neat

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthewoods View Post
                            Cool set up. How do you like the NuCanoe Frontier for fishing that area?

Gerone
                            That Nucanoe does great here. I have a 44 lb thrust trolling motor that moves it around pretty good and it is as stable as a flat bottom boat.

Originally posted by Fla Hunter View Post
                            Could of used one of those flounder gigin..
                            You still min florida?

Comment

It looks great, but I might suggest a removable outrigger for windy days.

Comment

Working...
                              X