X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice fab work!

Comment

Originally posted by CW Outfitters View Post
      I feel your pain. My daughters 2nd bday is next weekend and that is my project this week too.
      Here is my advice, separate and stack all the same pieces beforehand. May take an hour but it will save you three later. Same thing with screws, nuts, and bolts. All of them came randomly in different mixed bags and it will call for an 1.5" lag screw and you'll have to dig it out a measure to make sure it's not the 1.25" lag screw.

Comment

Man you have skills that's a hell of a build! I imagine a few things were kicked thrown or both with all of those radiuses.

Comment

One of those projects you love to hate. Plenty of hours over the winter.

Comment

It was not that much fun to build, but this was more about the end product and having a way to build a fire and mesquite grill steaks in my back yard.

JMAR's square pit design is the way to go...I don't do circles.

Comment

Smart design and nice details.

Comment

I have rolled angle into a circle for a grill by cutting at increments with a chop saw along the leg of the angle that will become the inside of the circle. Then bending the angle into the circle. For 1 X 1X 1/8" angle you can bend it with your hands. Then weld up the saw cuts and grind for appearance. There is a bit of math involved to get this right which I am happy to explain if anyone wants to send a PM.
                Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                I may need some help. I'm about to start.

This is what I've got now lol.

I think I'm going to get the machine shop in town to roll me a ring and some flatbar for the grill edge.

Comment

it looks awesome you have talent

Comment

Moser~Where did you get the actual fire pit cap ? (The big piece where the fire is built)

rferg84~Is that the end of a large propane tank? Is there somewhere I can buy one? I've seen whole tanks for sale but I just need the end.

I want to build a permanent fire pit on the ground and brick around it but I want a steel insert to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      I have rolled angle into a circle for a grill by cutting at increments with a chop saw along the leg of the angle that will become the inside of the circle. Then bending the angle into the circle. For 1 X 1X 1/8" angle you can bend it with your hands. Then weld up the saw cuts and grind for appearance. There is a bit of math involved to get this right which I am happy to explain if anyone wants to send a PM.

I had a big HVAC outfit(Lewis & Lambert, great people) in Ft Worth roll a that 1 1/2"X3/16" angle for me. It was about 75$ and they supplied the angle iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                        Moser~Where did you get the actual fire pit cap ? (The big piece where the fire is built)

rferg84~Is that the end of a large propane tank? Is there somewhere I can buy one? I've seen whole tanks for sale but I just need the end.

I want to build a permanent fire pit on the ground and brick around it but I want a steel insert to begin with.

Mom and dad gave it to me for my birthday last year, he bought it at Baker Tankhead.

Comment

Nice details, great job

Comment

Very cool D~Mo
                            I love the crank

Comment

I like that! Ha ha Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post

It's the end cap off a 250 gallon tank I think. I got it from CW Outfitters on the classifieds here.

I think it's probably easier to start with a tank head that hasn't been uses from Baker.

But if you have one laying around or know someone that does not bad way to go either.

Comment

Working...
                                X