Boom box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom box

I have been needing some tunes in my jeep and my 16 foot jon boat, so I decided to make a portable boom box. These are marine grade speakers and I installed them in the Plano bone collecter series ammo box. The sound is really clear when playing off my iPhone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EH III; 03-05-2014, 11:45 AM.

Thats pretty dang cool, great idea!

Comment

More details and pics please?

Comment

A small 12V feeder battery and it looks like a dang good varmint call to me

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
          More details and pics please?
          yes more info

Comment

Did the same thing a couple years ago. Sucker gets loud!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
              yes more info
              This^^^^

What are the components? I see two speakers (obviously) but what is the little silver box? Is that an amp? What kind of amp? Where did you get it? Etc etc. great looking project for sure.

Comment

I found it on Amazon and it came as a kit. It has the amp and all the wiring with the two speakers. It also came with the iPhone plug and volume control knob that goes on the outside. I am running it off of a 12v deer battery and attached a solar charger on the end of the box. I do not have a picture of the solar charger. It would probably work as a varmint call if you order the speakers in black.
                Attached Files

Comment

cool project

Comment

I like it. I might have to rig up something like this for my hunting buggy.

Comment

Looks good. Here is the one I put together last year.

Comment

I build these all the time for floating down the river Has a cig lighter and on off switches for radio and cig lighter.

Comment

That looks really nice. I thought about doing that but could not find a cooler that was small enough to fit between the seats of my jeep.

Comment

Working...
                          X