My DIY deer lease camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    Should be just fine as long as the bunks are on the ends an only one side is used
    That is the plan. A queen on the end away from the door opening you can see with a bunk or overlook above the queen bed for the kids. Only one wall will have cabinets/shelves and hopefully a counter top.

I plan on getting started on hanging sheets this weekend so I can begin to floor it and go from there.

Comment

Should not be hard to move either. Just slide it in the trailer and out with a winch, or put a pipe under the skids and roll it out

Comment

Now, I told y'all it wouldn't be pretty. The sheets were free. The sheets are on. Now I have to buy the trim and get it water tight before starting on the inside.

Now it's time to relax before I head out and try to stick a pig.

Ahhhhh!!

Comment

For you guys who build metal buildings, will this be enough overhang to keep runoff from "running up" the sheets? I'm not exactly sure the pitch, but can tell you it's 6.5' wide and the high side is 8' and the low side is 7.5'.
          The overhang is 6".

Comment

The trim and closures have been ordered. More to come next weekend.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Any updates?

Here's the latest. I got in a hurry and already shot the screws thru the top wall sheets and roof sheets thinking that the rake trim, corner trim, and eve trim would seal up and make it bug free. It wasn't until I put the floor in that it donged on me that I need closures there as well to keep the bugs out. So I've added more work and need to go get more inside and outside closures to go between the roof and wall sheets up top and between the rake and eve trim.

The corner trim is on as well as the floor and lower wall closures.

Here is where I'm missing the closures on the wall and roof sheets.

Corner trim

Comment

Nothing a couple of cans of great stuff can't fix

Comment

I like it.

Comment

that is coming out nice

Comment

My DIY deer lease camp

This!!!!!! That stuff is great! Do not get it on your hands!

Comment

Cool build. Following!

Comment

What's this "great stuff" you speak of? The 3m foam?

Comment

Originally posted by sportsman View Post
                              What's this "great stuff" you speak of? The 3m foam?
                              You can get it at Home Depot, it is foam in a can. Spray it in the areas that it is not sealed and it will expand and seal up the area. When it dries may have to trim a little but it will dry like foam insulation and it will be fairly hard. There are 3 different variation of this, I always use the ones made to seal around windows.

Comment

Are you planning on sealing the upturn on the skid so water won't collect?

Comment

Working...
                                X