Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

looks great I love following your builds

Comment

I think you won!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I would go to GREAT lengths to tend to that seam where the mortar meets the cedar. The two will expand at different rates and there will be some cracking in the mortar. I'd wait for it to crack, then go back in with a big fat bead of NP-1 caulk...it is crazy good stuff and lasts a long time.
          I was thinking it would crack right there. It cracked on the shack and Alamo where the cedar window frames met the mortar and I had to caulk all of those too.

Dale, you have been holding out on me while I've been building these things. I'm pretty sure you know way more than I do about what I'm doing. You're always about 2 steps ahead of me. I really do appreciate the advice and please don't be shy about giving it to me.

Gracias

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
            Dale is right, without a freeze plate, you are going to get some cracking, but nothing NP-1 can't cover. That is the most awesome deer blind I've ever seen. Really wish that I had the talent to build 6 or 8 of those on my place, but I just don't have the ability. You are an artist!
            Thanks for the compliment and at this point I don't think there is any talent involved. I think I may be losing my mind. It has turned out to be a bigger job than I thought. It is unique and they are permanent and fun to hunt out of but my physical abilities aren't what they used to be and I'm paying for it on Sundays.

Comment

At this point Mark, you have layed about 10 tons more stone in your life than I have.....I've just seen it done a couple times or 3.

NP-1 is spendy, and it's incredible stuff!

Onward...

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Very impressed

Comment

That's the nicest blind I've ever saw! Good work!

Comment

I finished the east side and corner. It turned out pretty neat looking. I'll definitely have to caulk the stone to the wood. I worked on the west side of the door and the west side a little bit. I'm hoping I can be done laying stone in a couple of more weekends. I had a little buddy move into the window for some shade today. He finally got used to me and would just look at me when I would walk by.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking GREAT! One of the days in the far future someone is gonna wonder what the miniature castle & other stone buildings were for. LOL!

Comment

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Yer still killin it, Marko!

You know 100$ and a case of beer would get one of your mason buddy's boys out there to finish that stone in 4 hours...right?

Comment

Need your number and in the Fall I'd like to come sit with ya one evening! Only a 3 hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Yer still killin it, Marko!

You know 100$ and a case of beer would get one of your mason buddy's boys out there to finish that stone in 4 hours...right?
                              I know. I've often wondered how much beer I would have to buy to get the whole thing done. The only problem is that I would come sneaking in there one morning all nice and quiet and there would be someone sitting in my chair already.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Need your number and in the Fall I'd like to come sit with ya one evening! Only a 3 hour drive.
                                Maybe we can make that happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X