Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I been to a goat ropin', a sheep shearin', a Jewish wedding, a black funeral and several county fairs and I ain't never seen anything like this. You sir, are the man by which all other blind-builders are judged.
    Lol. Surprising cuz the MOCO fair never ceases to amaze me.. Ninja Curt the goat roper. I like it. Haha

If I had your skills, I wouldn't need a real house. I'd just move into the blind. Haha. That thing is over the top crazy but it's AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      I don't think I'm setting any bar or anything.
      I hate to say it, but I believe you HAVE set the bar pretty high. Two stories, to be exact....and in stone.

Comment

Don't Wimp out on us, Now!

I've got the wood for the back wall already. I've got a hole cut for entrance to the second floor and I think I'm going to try to use the fold down stairs like you use on an attic entrance. That can always change though.
        How 'bout something like this?
        You can hunt up till the last second before having to leave for work!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hebegb View Post
          How 'bout something like this?
          You can hunt up till the last second before having to leave for work!
          I love it. That would make for a quick exit and a lot of fun on top of that!

Comment

A friend of mine is moving and he gave me a timber that he got in an old saw mill in Pagosa Springs. It is pine and it looked pretty rough so I buffed it up a little bit with a belt sander and painted it with Pinofin. I'll use it on the door frame. I think it turned out pretty good for a junk piece of wood he was going to throw away.
            Attached Files

Comment

It turned out looking great, can't wait to see it framed up.

Comment

MACOOP: "I think I'm going to try to use the fold down stairs like you use on an attic entrance. That can always change though."

OK, maybe the slide thing was too much... but, the inside should look as good as the outside. How 'bout This?
                Attached Files

Comment

I wish I had this talent. That's all I know to say.

Comment

I've got the wood for the back wall already. I've got a hole cut for entrance to the second floor and I think I'm going to try to use the fold down stairs like you use on an attic entrance. That can always change though.
                    Thanks for the update it's looking amazing. Just my opinion but with a hatch you could make it beefy enough so you didn't lose the SF on the second floor plus not worry about a accident vs the attic fold down stairs. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by hebegb View Post
                      MACOOP: "I think I'm going to try to use the fold down stairs like you use on an attic entrance. That can always change though."

OK, maybe the slide thing was too much... but, the inside should look as good as the outside. How 'bout This?
                      I like it. If I could do it on a smaller scale I might could make it work in there. Maybe move it over in the corner but the slide looks like more fun!

Comment

I finished putting timbers around the door and putting soffit up on 2/3rds of the roof. It was too windy to get on the roof so I'm going to try and finish that up in the morning. I put all of the 2nd floor windows in so I have 100% Deerview windows in now.

Tomorrow is stone day. I'm going to lay stone all day and I'll post pics when I get home.

Comment

wow

Comment

A little bit of progress on the stone. I ran out of metal trim for the roof but I made it to the top on the stone. I got the ridge cap on the roof so I think I'm done with the roof. I just need to keep working around the blind with the stone and hopefully one day I'll be done.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is crazy awesome. Impressive work. I wish I had your skills.

Comment

Wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X