Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Comment

I have never seen anything this nice.

Comment

This is an incredible build! Great job, macoop!

Comment

I put Pinofin on all of the cedar wood around the lower 3 windows and all of the beams. I haven't done the 2nd floor windows yet. I put in my DEERVIEW windows with the Camo netting on the first floor. The picture washed out because of the contrast but you can see the window in there.
          I'm going to try to get the eaves and roof completed next weekend before I work on anymore stone. It seems the wind has quit blowing everyday since it rained. Quail are calling, bugs everywhere now, everything is green. It was a great day yesterday. Thank you Lord for the rains!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I been to a goat ropin', a sheep shearin', a Jewish wedding, a black funeral and several county fairs and I ain't never seen anything like this. You sir, are the man by which all other blind-builders are judged.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I been to a goat ropin', a sheep shearin', a Jewish wedding, a black funeral and several county fairs and I ain't never seen anything like this. You sir, are the man by which all other blind-builders are judged.
              HA, that's pretty funny. I don't think I'm setting any bar or anything. I wonder sometimes just how stupid I am for taking on projects that last so long. I started this in January and thought I would be done by now. I was trying to avoid the extreme heat but I think I'm fixing to find myself right smack in the middle of it.

Comment

The cedar beams were given to me, the stone has all been given to me and so far all I have been out is the concrete, framing lumber, and metal roof and screws and I'm up to about $1000.00 right now. There shouldn't be too much more expense except the cedar to build the door and the door hardware. I already have a spare solar panel and regulator but I will need to buy a battery to run the Ozonics or any goodies. I've spent more than that on a fiberglass blind before.

Comment

Looks like you might need to budget a little plywood for a back wall!

You goin ladder with a trap door, or stairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Looks like you might need to budget a little plywood for a back wall!

You goin ladder with a trap door, or stairs?
                    I've got the wood for the back wall already. I've got a hole cut for entrance to the second floor and I think I'm going to try to use the fold down stairs like you use on an attic entrance. That can always change though.

Comment

I just spent a long time going through all three of your builds. Absolutely amazing what you've been able to do. Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

I'm so ready to see this thing finished. Your blinds are too awesome

Comment

U da man macoop

Comment

I had BIG honey do's yesterday and helped a friend move to Midland today so I didn't get any work done at the ranch this weekend. Major Bummer!!

Comment

I was watching the forecast looks like we got some more rain today! Yall got alot more than us the first time... Your pond fill up? Spur feed store is even promoting a fish stock tank guy... Been a while since I've seen that kind of business in spur.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                                I was watching the forecast looks like we got some more rain today! Yall got alot more than us the first time... Your pond fill up? Spur feed store is even promoting a fish stock tank guy... Been a while since I've seen that kind of business in spur.
                                I hope we got some more. My tank is about full but I would like to see it backed up down all of the low areas. My tote at the shack was about 75% full and that was before the Memorial day rain so I bet it's full now.
                                I need to call the feed store and see when the fish truck is going to be there. I want to buy some more catfish and minnows.

Comment

Working...
                                X