Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be worth the effort!

Comment

Excellent work!

Comment

This is just awesome on so many levels!!!

Comment

Creative and obviously fun. Curious...No worries there with moisture contacting the shearing or frame?

Comment

"Shearing" meant "sheathing".

Comment

Following

Comment

My favorite thread to follow.

Comment

Home away from home

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                    Creative and obviously fun. Curious...No worries there with moisture contacting the shearing or frame?
                    I started off putting a vapor barrier and I spent more time putting it back on than I did laying stone. The wind has been terrible and I have 30# felt all over the pasture. I got to a point where I said screw it and just decided to risk it. I know the air gap between the stone and siding may sweat with temperature differences but there is no way rain or snow will ever get in there. I guess I should have more of an effort to keep it on there but I decided to forgo the vapor barrier as I moved up higher.

I forgot to mention that there is almost no air gap between the back of the stone and the front of the OSB. IT's pretty much full of mortar. I built the Alamo kind of like that except with no framing. I stoned inside and out and filled the cavity in between with mortar. I'm hoping it can double for a tornado shelter with all of the mortar in there and all of the hurricane straps on everything.
                    Last edited by macoop; 05-11-2014, 09:32 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Yeah, the wind can be the most aggrivating of natural forces. Looks like a passionate project. I'll stay tuned-in.

Comment

Moisture??? What's that? Seriously it's a dry hott windy son of a bische out there!

We need rain BAD! I have tanks on my lease that haven't held water in over 3 years. 5 years ago I had ducks landing behind my pop up... Now just dried up turtle shells.

Comment

I noticed it had sprinkled a little from last weekend but I didn't see anything in the rain gauges. I think we have had 3 tenths all year down there. It's really bad.
                          We're going to run a 2" poly line from my 3 inch water line pretty soon. I'm taking it over to the shack so I can keep the tote full. I strung out the poly after you left on Saturday. About 30 minutes with the poly machine and I'll have water at the shack!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                            Moisture??? What's that? Seriously it's a dry hott windy son of a bische out there!

We need rain BAD! I have tanks on my lease that haven't held water in over 3 years. 5 years ago I had ducks landing behind my pop up... Now just dried up turtle shells.
                            There won't be too many ducks around here if it doesn't rain soon. Worst I've ever seen it.

Comment

Sweet I was thinking of ways to fill up your tote but I'm not set up for water stations yet. I've got three totes and a small trailer that I may break out soon to set some stations on our place... Water may be a bigger draw than corn in the months to come. I need to figure out how you set your float and trough up.. That was really slick. Concrete and underground is the way to go... I've had pigs tear up the one I did above ground. Lol.

I did notice it had sprinkled... Just enough to get the tracks off the road. Your guzzler was dry, each deer and all the birds tried it to no avail.

Comment

Won't be long and it will back in service!

Comment

Working...
                                X