Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    If You guys are just tuning into Mark's creations then you think you know... but you have no clue.

Mark has some serious skill and refuses help all the time! lol

The Shak: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=272700

The Alamo: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=202659

Seriously awesome!
    Ha....you're too nice. If I had to do it for a living, I'd go broke and probably get fired.

I worked this afternoon and got a bunch more done in the wind. Worst spring I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Locked in

Comment

The Ponderosa!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
          Ha....you're too nice. If I had to do it for a living, I'd go broke and probably get fired.

I worked this afternoon and got a bunch more done in the wind. Worst spring I've seen in a long time.
          It sure has been a windy one.. Makes bow fishing pretty difficult as well

Comment

Very impressive work, those blinds should be around for generations and generations!! How many acres is the place you are building these on? Do you have a place to stay there or will this two story blind be your main source for staying on the property?

Comment

They are on 320 acres that I own. I stay in the Shack when I'm down there. It's pretty comfortable and you just get up in the morning and hunt. The two story blind is big enough to sleep in upstairs or down but right now I don't have any plans to sleep in it. That could all change with the appearance of a monster deer though.

Comment

Today's Progress

I think I'm going to name this blind the "Bische" blind. Yes, that's French for Biatch. Everything about building something this tall is turning into a real bi@#ch. It's bad enough laying stone off of a scaffold but doing it off of a scaffold in a 35 mph wind with 45 mph gusts isn't fun.
                One good thing about the stone blinds is that once you are finished and inside hunting, you can't even hear the 30-40 mph winds.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks spectacular

Comment

I wait all week to see the updated pics !!!! I hope the inside looks as good as the outside ! Carpet, LED lighting, leather chairs, coffee maker !!!

Comment

impressive nice work looks great, I think i would just camp in that thing opening weekend

Comment

Some people might think its strange or foolish to build a stone two story building in the middle of nowhere just to hunt deer out of....I have absolutely no use for those people.

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                          some people might think its strange or foolish to build a stone two story building in the middle of nowhere just to hunt deer out of....i have absolutely no use for those people.
                          preach!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Some people might think its strange or foolish to build a stone two story building in the middle of nowhere just to hunt deer out of....I have absolutely no use for those people.
                            I'm glad somebody else can relate to this. It makes me think I'm a little bit closer to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Luckily the usually gather in condos in cities. You never see them in camo. I can't imagine not wanting to be in that blind when something gets shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                                I'm glad somebody else can relate to this. It makes me think I'm a little bit closer to normal.
                                To me, building a two story, stone, blind in the middle of no where is the most sane, focused, normal thing a man can do. Makes total sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X