DIY Camera mounts????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Camera mounts????

I'm looking for DIY camera mount ideas for use in tripods, tree stands and pop-ups. Seems I've seen some before, but, can't find them now.

BTW, has anybody come up with a better way than using a tripod on the ground. The legs seem to take up to much room in my pop up.

This will be my second year self-filming and all my previous bow kills were from a pop-up.

Any and all suggestions, advice etc, would be greatly appreciated.

I have a shooting stick that I use when in a popup, single pole stabbed in the ground, take the "V" off that is used for rifles and it should be threaded for a camera, stab it in the ground and you should be able to turn it while filming. Picked one up at walmart for under 10 bucks.

Also I made a camera clamp with an adjustable section for clamping on stands, rails, limbs, etc. works great when I don't want to use my camera arm...

I'll do some looking and see if I have any pictures.....

Comment

It's a complicated question which I don't think there is one "cure-all" answer to.

From treestand or tripod setups, the best options I've found are using some sort of screw in type bow hanger (Realtree EZ Hanger) with a 1/4" or 3/8" bolt screwed on to the end, depending on which tripod head you are using. The Bogen line of tripod heads use the 3/8" bolts, while some of the WalMart brand tripod heads are 1/4" (at least some of the ones that can be removed from the legs).

If there's not a sturdy tree nearby to screw a camera arm into, an "under the seat" style gun rest can be a great place to mount your camera. The Bogen Super Clamp can be used with any of the Bogen heads, or a single 3/8" or 1/4" bolt (depending on the style of tripod head you are using) attached to the gun rest will get the job done.

As far as ground blind setups go, just make sure you aren't expanding the legs of the tripod all of the way out...just widen them enough to make the camera stable and then raise the center, telescoping arm to lift the tripod head and camera to the bottom of your shooting window. Again, a good Bogen setup with tripod head and legs is a multi-functional option.

Comment

Anybody else? I need to get moving on this while I still have one of my tripods here at the house to test on.

Comment

I use this while in my tri-pod and tree stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_071.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	23844947

Comment

Originally posted by Green Arrow View Post

[ATTACH]42343[/ATTACH]
            What do you clamp it to?

Comment

Originally posted by TXPalerider View Post
              What do you clamp it to?
              In my tree stand i use a limb,in my tri-pod i clamp it right in between my feet on the base of the tripod(gives a good angle of the shot) or behind me on a limb.

Comment

OK....I think I'm gonna try and fabricate something that comes up vertically from the footrest on my tripod.

Comment

found this site..http://www.softweigh.com/video/diy.html

i might be making a "mini" tripod as well ..i like the clamp idea

Comment

In the tree

Name:	Huntercam Cradle 4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	23844955

Name:	Camera set up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	23844957

In the blind

Name:	Inside Turkey Blind.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	23844956

Trailboss

Comment

In the blind a tripod. Don't open the legs all the way and you will get the room you need. Don't extend the lower portion of the legs and use the colum lift to raise the camera higher.
                      This works for me really well.

I have a couple of homemade screw in camera arms for tree stand as well as a camera arm that I attach to the post of my seat.

Comment

Does anybody have any pictures of the converted folding bow hangers? I know I've seen pics of here, but, can't seem to locate.

Comment

[ATTACH]42343[/ATTACH]
                          Hey, what kind of camera head is that on that clamp/ That gives me a great Idea. Where did you get it?

Comment

[ATTACH]42343[/ATTACH]
                            what kind of head is that on the spring clamp. I need one.

Comment

you can get them at wal mart looks like a little three legged octopus and the come on those and mini tripods..

Name:	P11111748.jpg
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	24005508

Name:	flexible-camera-tripod-352229.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	24005509

Comment

Working...