Masceration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masceration

After seeing all the other threads I had to try it. My daughter shot this buck Dec 26 and I skinned the skull Dec 27. Been under water since then with a box if rid-x. I made the mistake of lifting it once right after this pic and have not gagged so violently since my last vegas trip. Meat just fell off the bone. Gonna take it out sometime this week and I will update this thread so y'all can see the nastiness.

Oh yeah, this bucket froze solid during our last cold snap but that did not seem to kill the bacteria. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390084039.165519.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	25004869

Watching

Comment

Tuned in

Comment

That just looks nasty.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

I have had two heads in water and Rid-x since opening day of rifle and still waiting for meat to fall off. Goon boil them soon.

Comment

Good luck w/it

Comment

It won't be ready this week. Buy a $10 fish tank heater and put in there and check it a week after that

Comment

Ummmmm head meat stew

Comment

The smell is horrible for sure

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                      I have had two heads in water and Rid-x since opening day of rifle and still waiting for meat to fall off. Goon boil them soon.
                      Put a fish tank heater in the water, it really speeds things up. I started my sons buck a few days before Christmas and it's already in some dawn and water degreasing. If you can keep the water warm the whole process only takes a few weeks

Comment

Well, you may be right about it not being ready. I poked it with a stick today and the meat chunks off that way but it's not falling off easily yet. I bet the pressure washer would do it but I'm gonna wait a little longer.

Unfortunately I did not lock the gate to my storage area where the bucket is and my black lab got in there. Watching him close tonight and hope we don't end up at the animal hospital.

Comment

MMMMM, soup! I did that once with two bobcat skulls. I came very close to puking that day.....btw, I'm a paramedic.

Comment

Watching this with interest.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              Well, you may be right about it not being ready. I poked it with a stick today and the meat chunks off that way but it's not falling off easily yet. I bet the pressure washer would do it but I'm gonna wait a little longer.

Unfortunately I did not lock the gate to my storage area where the bucket is and my black lab got in there. Watching him close tonight and hope we don't end up at the animal hospital.
                              Dogs have very tough stomachs he will be fine. My dog has done the same with no issue. Some stinky farts though.

It could take a while longer with cool weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X